Jap spec or UK spec M3?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tony5050

Club Guest
hi guys,i have searched around town for the E46 M3 available found quite a number of them ready to be owned. most of them are registered and low mileage.but i've got a different offer from one of my fren who's a grey importer, yesterday. he offers to bring in M3 from either UK or Japan. what do you guys think about these two countries' imports? other then the acc. and visible specs like the leather seats, which one do you think is more worthit?to me, i think Japs definately took care of their M3 better then those in Europe. but then, its just me.anyone care to chip in infos?another concern that came to my mind was the factory recall incidents that happened to E46 M3 engines for engine produced before the year 2004. i got this information from one of our forum member :eek:k: does this mean M3 produced in 2004 are better then those before? thanks a lot guys.hope to see your reply soon. cheers :eek:k:

I think the recall issue is a must to solve. For me Specs are probably the similar but you should check what is in the car like does it come with Navigation/TV or things like that. If you bring 1 in you do not know the history of the car or the actual conditions. Accident or not? leather in good condition...etc. If you can find a 2004 model here, test drive it & get the experts to check then in my opinion better get it here. At least you know what you are getting. Not sure if you can get a 2004 here though. Most i have seen for sale are 2002 or max 2003. Better make sure that the car has done the recall. Its cost quite a bit.
I believe you can PM The Necessary for some ownership details. His is a very low mileage ride & well taken care of. Make him an offer & maybe he is willing to part with it.

Top Bottom