Inspira Free Service Interval & 3 year Warranty

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
saat;617066 said:
I got conned with BMW BSRI. I bought a premium selection (Used) and bought BSRI with it. Now at a little over 60K, I am told it the BSRI has expired cos it is measured since new and not when the BSRI was bought. The BSRI is upto 60K or 3yrs whicever comes sooner.

I specifically asked the question when I bought it and was given the answer was that the BSRI will be measured from the point of purchase of the package. Now it's my word against AB's.

U better go and have some words with the right person e.g. the GM. They should've explain earlier about this and shouldn't f**k our money :)

B33mEr;617095 said:
Bro, it's because of the manufacturer's confidence that they can give a 5 years warranty ... Imagined the cost on parts alone if vehicles always break down during warranty period ... It would be a financial disaster for the car manufacturer. I'm sure they did their homework before offering the warranty program and i'm sure BMW did the same thing. Also 5 year warranty shows that the company stands firm behind their product offerings and are confident about their offerings.

Now imagined if BMW starts to offer 5 years warranty hehehe ... It would be a disaster for them. Having said that i would like to borrow a quote i read somewhere "BMW's are made to perform not to last" ...

Thats why i said earlier they are selling the name...hehe

Eggie86;617100 said:
Hehe, sure ah... Many are still going robust up till today. :) Mine also old junk, but still can perform. :4:

Old is better bro...more experienced :)

Eggie86;617100 said:
Hehe, sure ah... Many are still going robust up till today. :) Mine also old junk, but still can perform. :4:

Talking about parts replacement lerrr :p BMW cars are very the manja ... I'm on my third window regulator now lol

Oso don't forget it was BMW that tout "lifetime oil" for our gearbox lol plus a 15k miles oil change interval for our engines ... Now you can see lots of BMW's that have sludge problem when following the recommended OCI

B33mEr;617107 said:
Talking about parts replacement lerrr :p BMW cars are very the manja ... I'm on my third window regulator now lol

Oso don't forget it was BMW that tout "lifetime oil" for our gearbox lol plus a 15k miles oil change interval for our engines ... Now you can see lots of BMW's that have sludge problem when following the recommended OCI

This one i totally agreed with u bro...so that's why i'm sticking to my own servicing schedule...hehe

YaZmEeN;617104 said:
Old is better bro...more experienced :)

Hahaha true it's akin to a vintage wine 'the older the wine the sweeter the taste' hehehehehe

B33mEr;617109 said:
Hahaha true it's akin to a vintage wine 'the older the wine the sweeter the taste' hehehehehe

So when is the time that we can sit together and enjoy it? :)

B33mEr;617107 said:

Haha, true la. Mine almost impossible to splurge on brand new parts. Usually tend to get half-cuts or recon items to replace the wear and tear parts of my ride. So far so good.

3rd window regulator d? Gosh. Mine also starting to act up already... :D

jarance;616992 said:
FF, not really. when we first started to work, where got money to buy unless FAMA money.

What I mean is that it is OK to start with a Proton then later upgrade to a Honda or Toyota. But I can see the cycle repeats itself something like Proton-Toyota-Honda-toyota-honda-toyota. It's difficult to break the brand loyalty.

andrewk;617037 said:
FF, not bad taste lar... we have low value currency and high car taxes.... and i think generally ppl have a "buy new car" mentality. So, how to afford anything better?

This is where company like VW comes with low interest rate and 5 years warranty. The pull factor is there and it is pretty strong I would say. In the long run it is always cheaper to run a german car than a japanese car because the car can last longer, longer service intervals, and people change cars less frequently.

YaZmEeN;617059 said:
For me, any car dealer that really knew that their car will be easily can sell will not give too much warranty. The brand carries itself because people has the confidence of purchasing the vehicle. The long warranty offered is part of the marketing plan to attract more customer. But the usual words that i heard is when they stretch the warranty period, is actually the product isn't last that long so that the manufacturer has still monitor the product thru the warranty program. if the product is good enough, why bother give the warranty?

Three things come to mind.
1) To give peace of mind to the customer within the warranty period.
2) To give a strong resale value, at least within the warranty period.
2) To make more money. Within the warranty period more often than not the customers' hand are tied. You cannot simply go out to service your cars other than approved service centres. Otherwise, the warranty is void. Everything is more expensive from engine oil to oxygen sensor if you send to the dealership. The longer the warranty period the better for the company.

Cars like Hyundai and Peugeot if short warranty, no one will buy because a friend ordered the rear wiper for 205 and delivery took 2 months.. even under warranty! Outside part shop no one carries.. :13:

funfer_fahrer;617445 said:
Three things come to mind.
1) To give peace of mind to the customer within the warranty period.
2) To give a strong resale value, at least within the warranty period.
2) To make more money. Within the warranty period more often than not the customers' hand are tied. You cannot simply go out to service your cars other than approved service centres. Otherwise, the warranty is void. Everything is more expensive from engine oil to oxygen sensor if you send to the dealership. The longer the warranty period the better for the company.

1. Peace of mind not dictated by warranty.. longer warranty doesn't warrant a more reliable car. A friend's E90 LCI just claimed 4 new pistons and that's 3 months stranded in the SC with no loan car. He ends up hired a Myvi during the wait..

2. Agree if you sell the car within warranty period. I know many who sold their BMW before warranty expired and upgrade to another BMW.. now if u are BMW Malaysia, would u prefer set your warranty any longer than "necessary"?

3. All E90 upholstery start to peel after awhile and is qualified under warranty claim... imagine SC is jam up with cars claiming parts rather than genuine maintenance job order.. which do you prefer if u are BMW Malaysia? SC happy because all parts and labor can claim BMW Malaysia. What about customer that got to wait in the long queue just for an oil change? Setup more bays or SC to cater for warranty claim?

I hate to see my E90 has such short warranty compare to my Toyota but I can see many reason why BMW Malaysia did it.. get a VW if that gives u peace..

Well for me, I buy a BMW because it is a pleasure to drive. But owning it is a pain. I am sure many would agree that japanese cars are generally more reliable, whether or not they come with long warranty periods. My friend's E90 has been having endless problems, one after another, with the central locking, power windows, light bulbs, etc, while my 1998 toyota has been trouble free (except for the normal wear and tear), till I get tired of it.

My 2005 BMW's (don't want to mention model) transmission was turned into shreds just after a few months of ownership under normal driving. Luckily it was still within the warranty period, but the workmanship by the Glenmarie workshop was so poor to the extent that bolts and nuts were not tightened, routing of hoses incorrect....I would like to repeat a quote by a forummer that failure to tighten bolts is gross negligence....

We all love our BMW, but surely not for the reliability, right? You know it, and I know it too.

Eggie86;617100 said:

B33mEr;617109 said:

1) There is no substitute for experience.
2) Chinese say - Old trishaw puller pulls slow but strongly.

Salut

Top Bottom