Inspira Free Service Interval & 3 year Warranty

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
I just got my wife's Inspira 2.0 White. Booked 19.10.2010. That's almost 5 months waiting. Only really started to chase after CNY.I was going through the 2 Year Free Service Voucher Booklet. 1st voucher is 1000km.The 2nd voucher is for 10000km or 6 months, whichever comes firstThe 3rd Voucher is 20000km or 12 months, whichever comes firstThe 4th Voucher is 30000km or 18 months, whichever comes firstThe 5th Voucher is 40000km or 24 months, whichever comes firstMy wife normally does about 16000km per year or 8000km every 6 months.Therefore based on "whichever comes first", I should be able to service her car every 6 months at 8000km? Any thots?I would be more comfortable doing it at 6 months at 8000km esp as we are only given semi synthetic ie Syntium 800 during the free service.Anorher intersting point is that Proton is actually giving 3 years warranty...see service booklet. Kudos Proton, even better than BMW Malaysia.

Care to eloborate more when they mention ' warranty ' ! Lets say the aircond compressor go kaput. Will they replace without any charge or its just another same quote '' no warranty for wear and tear ? Sometime cant diffrentiate/understand the extend of warranty term..

These are all part of the marketing mix. If you think Proton can satisfy your needs, get a Proton then. Why didn't u compare with VW that comes with unlimited mileage 5 year warranty? and I thought Proton does that too, so they have reduce their warranty to 3 years now?

While conservative recommendation for mineral oil change interval is 5k km, which makes the semi synthetic oil change interval to be 8k km, and fully synthetic oil to 10k km.

For your case, 8k km is fine and its a voucher anyway. So just use the voucher. Unlike BMW, must follow on-board-computer recommendation, if not trigger, can't do complimentary oil change.

shiva73;616671 said:
.. aircond compressor go kaput. Will they replace without any charge or its just another same quote '' no warranty for wear and tear ? Sometime cant diffrentiate/understand the extend of warranty term..

Aircond compressor is covered under warranty. Wear and tear normally only meant for wiper blades, tyres, brakes, filter and oil. Some they'll specify battery and absorber warranty only for 1 year.

Bought an Inspira and end up at BMW forum? Bro, u better sign up for Inspira car club lah...or u can try to talk about this in the Lancer GT club

YaZmEeN;616810 said:
Bought an Inspira and end up at BMW forum? Bro, u better sign up for Inspira car club lah...or u can try to talk about this in the Lancer GT club

Lucky he didn't compare Inspira prices with 120i, smaller car, triple the price.. :10:

YaZmEeN;616810 said:
Err..I thot the thread is under "Other Makes"?...no? cmmon, sharing is caring...

Sharing info: Hyundai gives 5 years warranty or 300,000kms.. Now thats awesome.. in warranty terms..

anakin;616823 said:
Err..I thot the thread is under "Other Makes"?...no? cmmon, sharing is caring...

Its the last five words that bothering me bro...how's ur new ride setup? ok ker?

YaZmEeN;616837 said:
Its the last five words that bothering me bro...how's ur new ride setup? ok ker?
..Errmm now I get you..my ride ok ok je...mana nak lawan e38...:love:dun spoiled people's thread la wei...btw agreed with Bad regarding Hyundai 5 years warranty... boleh cover 5 tahun finance tu!!

The point I was making with my comment about warranty is that BMW Malaysia has to consider at least 3 year warranty as it does in UK. We pay so much more for our cars in Msia but get crap warranty. That is even Proton can give a 3 year warranty so what is stopping BMW Msia.

Remember the Inspira is my wife's car. I still drive a e36 and am looking forward to a new Bimmer one day.

As for my comments on the Inspira, I was just sharing my experience. After all I thought the thread Other Makes welcomes such discussion.

Some cars are selling long warranty, some cars are selling good driving dynamics, some cars are selling reliability, some cars are selling sense of luxury, some cars are selling huge cabin space..

.. when your car is selling like hot cakes, would u provide 10 years warranty? or even 5 years for that matter. U really think Hundyai so reliable and won't break down within 5 years? and if it break down, it eats into its profit margin, knowing Malaysian can get very creative and start swapping parts from one car to another just to claim warranty.. how to make profit and stay in the game?

The Hundyai 300k km mileage is an obvious gimmick as average Malaysian cars' mileage per year is 30k km, so 5 years works out to about 150k km. They can even provide 1 million km as it doesn't matter. By the 5th year, warranty expires anyway.. :4:

Both Toyota and Honda is fighting for the shrinking piece of cake, that's why they provide 3 years warranty. Proton even worse, cheaper than Toyota and Honda also can't sell that well, that's why they too is in the warranty war game.

Luxury car market sadly still attractive and they are the last affected when economy slows down. Its the middle income group that gets worse hit when economy slows down.

Unless everyone boycott BMW lor.. otherwise their warranty will only extend for aged models as a promo package.

I wouldn't call a 5 year warranty as a gimmick bro ... Even if the hyundai owner managed only 100k km in 5 years it's still 5 years peace of mind.

Generally, Malaysians have very bad taste when it comes to cars. Their first car would normally be a Proton. Later, they will either upgrade to a Toyota or a Honda. And it ends there.

"Do you have a Honda?"

funfer_fahrer;616977 said:
Generally, Malaysians have very bad taste when it comes to cars. Their first car would normally be a Proton. Later, they will either upgrade to a Toyota or a Honda. And it ends there.

"Do you have a Honda?"

FF, not really. when we first started to work, where got money to buy unless FAMA money.

even if got loads of money, most will stop at Camry or Accord. perhaps they're saving to buy a 7 series in heaven.

funfer_fahrer;616977 said:

"Do you have a Honda?"

FF, not bad taste lar... we have low value currency and high car taxes.... and i think generally ppl have a "buy new car" mentality. So, how to afford anything better?

For me, any car dealer that really knew that their car will be easily can sell will not give too much warranty. The brand carries itself because people has the confidence of purchasing the vehicle. The long warranty offered is part of the marketing plan to attract more customer. But the usual words that i heard is when they stretch the warranty period, is actually the product isn't last that long so that the manufacturer has still monitor the product thru the warranty program. if the product is good enough, why bother give the warranty?

I got conned with BMW BSRI. I bought a premium selection (Used) and bought BSRI with it. Now at a little over 60K, I am told it the BSRI has expired cos it is measured since new and not when the BSRI was bought. The BSRI is upto 60K or 3yrs whicever comes sooner.

I specifically asked the question when I bought it and was given the answer was that the BSRI will be measured from the point of purchase of the package. Now it's my word against AB's.

YaZmEeN;617059 said:
For me, any car dealer that really knew that their car will be easily can sell will not give too much warranty. The brand carries itself because people has the confidence of purchasing the vehicle. The long warranty offered is part of the marketing plan to attract more customer. But the usual words that i heard is when they stretch the warranty period, is actually the product isn't last that long so that the manufacturer has still monitor the product thru the warranty program. if the product is good enough, why bother give the warranty?

Bro, it's because of the manufacturer's confidence that they can give a 5 years warranty ... Imagined the cost on parts alone if vehicles always break down during warranty period ... It would be a financial disaster for the car manufacturer. I'm sure they did their homework before offering the warranty program and i'm sure BMW did the same thing. Also 5 year warranty shows that the company stands firm behind their product offerings and are confident about their offerings.

Now imagined if BMW starts to offer 5 years warranty hehehe ... It would be a disaster for them. Having said that i would like to borrow a quote i read somewhere "BMW's are made to perform not to last" ...

B33mEr;617095 said:
Bro, it's because of the manufacturer's confidence that they can give a 5 years warranty ... Imagined the cost on parts alone if vehicles always break down during warranty period ... It would be a financial disaster for the car manufacturer. I'm sure they did their homework before offering the warranty program and i'm sure BMW did the same thing. Also 5 year warranty shows that the company stands firm behind their product offerings and are confident about their offerings.

Now imagined if BMW starts to offer 5 years warranty hehehe ... It would be a disaster for them. Having said that i would like to borrow a quote i read somewhere "BMW's are made to perform not to last" ...

Hehe, sure ah... Many are still going robust up till today. :) Mine also old junk, but still can perform. :4:

Top Bottom