Inspection after 15 years

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

willy5

Club Guest
Almost all e34's will have to go through this next year. I think our cars are probably is better condition than most 5 year old local makes simply because they are better made and of course the owners are car loving buffs.This will likely open up opportunities for abuse by those in charge too.Maybe all car clubs should get together, see the Volkwagen club today in the news and petition against this, we never know until we try.

All the E30s are subjected to this inspection...
Another case of noble idea but implementation hazard...
I have no issues with inspection, but should be every 2 years instead of yearly. And that it should not be handled solely by Puspakom...

I agree, I think the inspection should be done every 2 years. After all guys like us who have spend so much money on our cars to keep road worthy is not just for that but for the passion we have for our E34's. But one thing i juts cant believe is, why the goverment comes up with all these changes but the fundamental of lowering the taxes is still not in place. To me if you take something than you ought to give back something in return. In this case, nothing for us. On top of that, if we are NOT being paid well enough, ( interms of salary - comparing to our closes neighbour )than at least it will make the difference.

This kinda sucks, but just wondering for those with experience, how are the inspection guys at puspakom? Are they OK? They won't do stupid things with your car right? e.g. tearing up things here n there and what not.

The gomen is encoraging corruption just wait and see as it is today so much of corruption that I heard at puspakom itself. good luck to 1malaysia

rezzy3181;467747 said:
The gomen is encoraging corruption just wait and see as it is today so much of corruption that I heard at puspakom itself. good luck to 1malaysia

Yeah man. You guys with the tinting and non-standard parts are dead meat ! You dun pay, you lose yer tinting and all add-ons. 1Malaysia sure boleh.

seriously wasting our time on this inspection... maybe it will someone to generic money leh !!

If the Govertment is going to implement such ruling, please think whether they have such capaicty to accommodate all these so claim not road worthy car.

First of all is the facility, if is gonna lay on the hands on Puspakom, the time, effort and money wasted will surely be a put off to most motorist. I personally think the Malaysian Goverment do not have such facilities and trained personals to deal with the demand. If you want to emaluate what UK do with MOT ( Similar concept). Please ensure that you have what UK people do, a qualified technician to carry out this work and such facilities are abundant in almost every workshop.

I can forsee a lot of people from rural area gonna continue using their car because 1. Do not have the money to keep their 20 years old Nissan Sunny on the road ( Imagine your yearly budget on this old bangers will be putting in effort of driving to Puspakom and bribe the officer yet risk damaging your car) 2. No time to drive couple of hundereds KM away for checking, 3. Not bother to do so... Goverment will loose out in tax on these not roadworthy cars.

This is an act of daylight robbery!

ck318ci;467974 said:
If the Govertment is going to implement such ruling, please think whether they have such capaicty to accommodate all these so claim not road worthy car.

First of all is the facility, if is gonna lay on the hands on Puspakom, the time, effort and money wasted will surely be a put off to most motorist. I personally think the Malaysian Goverment do not have such facilities and trained personals to deal with the demand. If you want to emaluate what UK do with MOT ( Similar concept). Please ensure that you have what UK people do, a qualified technician to carry out this work and such facilities are abundant in almost every workshop.

I can forsee a lot of people from rural area gonna continue using their car because 1. Do not have the money to keep their 20 years old Nissan Sunny on the road ( Imagine your yearly budget on this old bangers will be putting in effort of driving to Puspakom and bribe the officer yet risk damaging your car) 2. No time to drive couple of hundereds KM away for checking, 3. Not bother to do so... Goverment will loose out in tax on these not roadworthy cars.

This is an act of daylight robbery!

I don't agree with having cars less then worthy on the road.. All cars plying the road shud be roadworthy regardless of age. I wouldn't want to share the road with cars with bad brakes, non functional brake lights, bald tyres etc etc. Like I posted before this, inspection is good for all but just that the implementation should be sorted out and that the inspection should not be handled by PUSPAKOM alone.

fabianyee;467979 said:
I don't agree with having cars less then worthy on the road.. All cars plying the road shud be roadworthy regardless of age. I wouldn't want to share the road with cars with bad brakes, non functional brake lights, bald tyres etc etc. Like I posted before this, inspection is good for all but just that the implementation should be sorted out and that the inspection should not be handled by PUSPAKOM alone.

I agreed, If the govertment have a system like the MOT in UK, I dont mind as I have run through this with my previous cars in UK. The whole process took half a day and I sent both my E46 and E53 to BMW garage with full confidence. Courtesy car was provided too.

But all we have here is PUSPAKOM. and from previous entries and experiences from other motorists, is going to be a tough ride for a lot of people.

Regards

ck

So is there anyone here with enough muscle to suggest an alternative agency or maybe suggest authorising car companies like BMW , Nissan etc to perform these inspections? A monopoly always encourages corruption so having more inspection agencies will go towards minimising the exposure.

can we have this club's opinion on this matter made known to the authorities?

Aku harap kerajaan akan kaji semula tentang perkara ini.Rakyat dalam bandar dan luar bandar akan keluar duit tambahan utk puspakom,bertambah kaya puspakom.Sangat merugikan bagi pengguna kereta klasik.Kemanakah arah slogan ini Rakyat Didahulukan,Pencapaian Diutamakan.

15 years.

At least above 20years would be reasonable and one in 2 years and RM10 per inspection.

sigh....there going half a day to visit puspakom to do the checks. worse thing is they tear u're tinting or pull your A or C pillars to check if keta sambung.

maybe puspakom was losing money lately, after all the scandals in the papers because of corruption. so they needed a 'way' to get more customers to come. such a nice biz model, only in bolehland. i wish i was a puspakom shareholder.....

ramsing;468446 said:
sigh....there going half a day to visit puspakom to do the checks. worse thing is they tear u're tinting or pull your A or C pillars to check if keta sambung.

maybe puspakom was losing money lately, after all the scandals in the papers because of corruption. so they needed a 'way' to get more customers to come. such a nice biz model, only in bolehland. i wish i was a puspakom shareholder.....

That is what i concern about..sign..

annnual inspection 15 year old cars/no more second hand parts dumb ideas

Looks like the Govt. is about to do a back flip on the re-introduction of the capital gains tax on property (after abolishing it not that long ago). The immediate adverse reaction from the property sector made this look like yet another ad hoc decision that wasn't thought through properly and they have had to reconsider. Do they really know what they are doing?

How do we get together to let them know what we think of the annual inspection of vehicles over 15 years old, as well as the no more second hand parts issue, (ie. dumb idea, how about trying to reduce the cost of ownership of motor vehicles instead of increasing it) and try to get them to rethink this one as well.

Or do they insist on giving us yet another reason to vote against them at the next GE.

Hari ini kerajaan telah pun membatal cadangan pemeriksaan kereta 15 tahun ke atas.Alangkah rasa lega rasanya...

Cadangan periksa kereta 15 tahun dibatal
Nov 6, 09 6:57pm

Kerajaan menarik balik cadangan mewajibkan kereta yang berusia 15 tahun ke atas, melalui pemeriksaan mandatori tahunan untuk memperbaharui cukai jalan.

Keputusan tersebut dibuat setelah mengambil kira pandangan rakyat dan selaras dengan konsep rakyat didahulukan.

Demikian menurut Kementerian Perdagangan Antarabangsa dan Industri (MITI) hari ini.

Menurutnya, kerajaan telah menerima banyak aduan sejak cadangan tersebut diumumkan.

"Kerajaan telah menerima banyak aduan dari orang ramai yang rata-rata tidak bersetuju dengan langkah pemeriksaan mandatori tahunan ini," kata kenyataan itu.

Pada 28 Oktober lalu, MITI mengumumkan Dasar Automotif Nasional (NAP) termasuk dasar tempoh jangka hayat Kenderaan. - Bernama

suhaimi850;468898 said:
Cadangan periksa kereta 15 tahun dibatal
Nov 6, 09 6:57pm

Kerajaan menarik balik cadangan mewajibkan kereta yang berusia 15 tahun ke atas, melalui pemeriksaan mandatori tahunan untuk memperbaharui cukai jalan.

Keputusan tersebut dibuat setelah mengambil kira pandangan rakyat dan selaras dengan konsep rakyat didahulukan.

Demikian menurut Kementerian Perdagangan Antarabangsa dan Industri (MITI) hari ini.

Menurutnya, kerajaan telah menerima banyak aduan sejak cadangan tersebut diumumkan.

"Kerajaan telah menerima banyak aduan dari orang ramai yang rata-rata tidak bersetuju dengan langkah pemeriksaan mandatori tahunan ini," kata kenyataan itu.

Pada 28 Oktober lalu, MITI mengumumkan Dasar Automotif Nasional (NAP) termasuk dasar tempoh jangka hayat Kenderaan. - Bernama

that is a very good news for us..hopefully the gomen wont tukar fikiran as that is what they usually does.

Top Bottom