Import baru but no ap

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

stph

Club Guest
Saw 118i I'm interested but on car registration card written import baru but no copy of ap. Dealer said owner bought from Cartrade and have service record at Auto Bavaria. Checked with AB and true enough there's a service record. Should I buy? Any advice on what I should do? Called Cartrade but it seems to be difficult as ppl there are not helpful at all. N so is the owner's finance co.

if i were u i would walk away from this deal asap....a car without an ap has only scrap value....never listen to whatever the dealer says...he is stuck with it now...use it for spares if u want...believe me, i've been thru it

its like this, the car would hAd TO Have an AP previously to secure any sort of financial institution financing....so that means the AP is there with them...the owner would have probably lost his, thus forcing u to get another from the importer or the finance co. if both of them "lets say" lost the ap and dun have in their cabinet....u need to "pay" some money to get it out..

if u want to hear more, pm me...

but unlike bmw 9700 said, its not scrap...just gotta to ensure its not a clone AP scam or some sort...and further more no AP means CASH or personal loan...bank will not pinjam any money for that deal....

Original AP is usually held by JPJ upon initial registration of car. A copy is usually given, and must be kept properly and safely. I recently sold off a car but couldn't find the AP, and the deal nearly fell through as the buyer could not get financing, even though the car was properly registered and had previously been financed. I spent a couple of days digging through files and finally found it and sold off the car. There was a note on my AP that said the original was with JPJ.

Thx guys..the issue is, this car is from Cartrade and it's already 5 years. I've called MITI to check with the chassis number but they said it's not in the record. Cartrade said they may or may not have the records n it'll take a long time to check as files r all in boxes etc etc. MITI does not keep records of more than 5 years. Although it's a pretty nice car, the hassle of getting the ap is quite a headache n I haven't even bought the car yet so I think may give up. Can't let the dealer hold the car waiting till I get the ap. If 'paying' can get the ap out, shouldn't the dealer b into it already? He's the experienced one.

normally the dealer will give photo copy to the owner,only the finance have the ori try to check with the finance.but why the dealer that you gonna buy from can't get it for you?this is their job,after the car trade in if they sell to new owner they should do all this job.no point buying a car from a dealer which buyer need to do all the job for them.

yea...the dealer doesnt know what he is doing....anyway, before u buy ANY bmw...bring for a diagnostic check up first..looking outside only is not good enough....usually the hardware is good, but its the electronics that u have to worry about with the newer cars....by this i mean, feel free to shop around looking at other 118i that catches ur eye...

Thk u for all ur advice. I think dealer is confident that he can sell this car without the ap as it has service record in AB n very low mileage n been financed b4. I didn't hav any problem getting finance either but I'm gonna let this one go. Thk u all..:)

there might be some agents who tell u they can trace the AP and get u a certified copy...they charge around rm900 per copy...please stay away from them...they are all fake with 'pengarah customs" stamp on it...

best is to stay far away from that car...there are many more in the market..why get stuck with such a car...

i speak from experience..

regards

IIRC, Cartrade was stripped off their BMW dealership due to some AP hanky panky.. And then they were also ditched by VW not too long ago...

Maybe this car is one of the 'legacy' left behind....

fabianyee;539231 said:
IIRC, Cartrade was stripped off their BMW dealership due to some AP hanky panky.. And then they were also ditched by VW not too long ago...

true about Cartrade, hence the new CEO there.

The problem with the no-AP will not be a problem now but may be an issue when u want to sell it few years down the line....

fabianyee;539231 said:

I suspect so. Cartrade was vague about the AP when I called them to enquire if the car has one. They refused to verify it's from them and when I went down to the HQ she refuses to meet me. The dealer has put up another ad for the car wif a much higher price. Hope ppl r informed about cars that should have ap.

hello there,

I have purchased my bm recently from a owner , the car was ex car trade , i too was puzzled because there was no AP , however when my public bank asked me for it , they proceeded with the loan because on the reg card it says " Kereta Import baru" and his explanation was the AP is not required unless it says
terpakai.

There are a few other models like mine out there that also didnt require a AP

Yupet;540376 said:
hello there,

I have purchased my bm recently from a owner , the car was ex car trade , i too was puzzled because there was no AP , however when my public bank asked me for it , they proceeded with the loan because on the reg card it says " Kereta Import baru" and his explanation was the AP is not required unless it says
terpakai.

There are a few other models like mine out there that also didnt require a AP

That's exactly what the bank said to me as well as the previous owner's finance co. Which is the dilemma 'cos I do believe that it's from cartrade and its what the dealer said but there's no proof watsoever n if ever I was to provide evidence of how this car came into m'sia, wat can I do?

Dont think theres much you can do , anyway its not illegal since most finance companies are okay with it , if not look for another unit , should be plenty out there.

For me i didnt mind , as long as it has recent records of financing without problems , i was searching high and low for thr AP but the bank told me it wasnt needed

Tumpang Thread

As I carry on with my hunt for an E36 cabriolet, today while i was in KL, I saw two units, who also happen to be forumers here (names nor plates will be mentioned)

After viewing and going further into the conversation it was noticed that there weren't any AP's on it. For one the owner mentioned that it was some student AP but the owner does not have any records or so.
For the other just no AP.

But they told me that no problem with the AP, because the car has a registration card (grant).

Now my question is this, if for any reason (unfortunate, dumb, jealousy, marked, etc) the JPJ or customs check the car and you do not have a copy of the AP can they confiscate your car?
What if no one knows how on earth to get the copies?

Should i walk away from these deals (my heart tells me too) coz I remember how annoying it was recently when i sold my car with an AP to a friend who then sold it to another fren but lost the AP and he kept bugging me for a copy, which i managed to find and he was very grateful for.

Financing is not my concern, mine is more the legality part of it and the damn customs confiscating or so.
I would appreciate any kind of advise and guidance.

Thank you!

The best answer is get the answer from JPJ, pls correct me if i'm wrong.
And i believe no one is going to step on the dog shit if he notice there was a dog shit infront of him or her.

Alex5522;560955 said:
The best answer is get the answer from JPJ, pls correct me if i'm wrong.
And i believe no one is going to step on the dog shit if he notice there was a dog shit infront of him or her.

Somehow i find the JPJ officers really uninformed. Every officer gives a different message. Then when you ask them to give an official word, everyone backs out.

None the less will sure check it out!

But if you were to buy a car that didn't have an AP would you buy it?

Cheers and Selamat Hari Raya

Top Bottom