I'm Newbie .. Singapore PR who worked in KL but will leave to SIN soon

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hardiholi

Club Guest
Hello everyone, as the title says I will be going back to Singapore next month but like to stay in contact with the BMW community here in Malaysia.I'm still have my E36 cabrio which served me well during some weekend trips along the country.so long, greetz to all

Welcome to the forum. There is boundary. It does not matter whether you are in Malaysia or Singapore. We all share the same interest in the UDM.

Welcome bro....I can babysit ur ride while u r away....hihihi....enjoy ur stay

I bet you're gonna miss your car... the E36 Cabrio is almost non-existent in Singapore. Even the E36 Coupes are so rare. Hopefully you plan to hold on to it there for weekend trists. :D

Thanks all for your welcome wishes and offered advise ... was also thinking to rent at least a garage in Johor as to keep the car closer to Singapore for weekend trips as with 16 years is too old (I guess 3 years age is maximum) to be imported to Singapore. After all I should have got the other alternative car (pic attached .. I hope it worked) which I had in mind last year to buy as this could have been brought in under 'classic car scheme' ... but driving only allowed for around 20 days per year. Too bad.View attachment 28841

mentioning about singapore,all the memories come back one after another.in my early years i ve been working in bedok,bukit timah,changi as kongsi kong workers with s7.50 salary per day while waiting for spm in 1972.then again 1979 worked during semester break at alexander road ,lived at rumah kongsi but knew and travel a lot till i feel and love it as much as my hometown pasir mas.those days life was hard but joy and happiness always there.so selamat pulang ke singapore but dont forget to return.

Hi hardiholi, welcome to the forum. You can look me up when you are back on the island. We can go TT there.

The annual allowance for malaysian car into singapore is 14 days only. After that it's $20 per day plus $5 of ERP if not mistaken. Can check here, http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltawe...of-singapore/foreign-registered-vehicles.html

But if you are PR, you can't drive Malaysian car. Can curi-curi la, some people will change drivers after the checkpoint.

hardiholi;806635 said:
Thanks all for your welcome wishes and offered advise ... was also thinking to rent at least a garage in Johor as to keep the car closer to Singapore for weekend trips as with 16 years is too old (I guess 3 years age is maximum) to be imported to Singapore. After all I should have got the other alternative car (pic attached .. I hope it worked) which I had in mind last year to buy as this could have been brought in under 'classic car scheme' ... but driving only allowed for around 20 days per year. Too bad.View attachment 28841

Top Bottom