iDrive driving me Bonkers!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dzuljazz2001

Official Member
:stupid: After getting my iDrive fixed (non-responsive), new problem arises. First it was the air-bag indicator warning lights, then the ABS warning light pops-up and yesterday while driving back to Ktn frm KL, my auto cruise light emerged (tht causes the auto-cruise not to function):stupid::stupid:.......:listen:any of you guys experienced such things before?. Now my dispay is lighting up like a christmas tree with all these warning sign each time I start my car...:stupid: need to hv this fixed b4 the Penang drive :(:(btw I am driving a 530d 2004 model.

hakim_radzuan;614987 said:
maybe some of module kaput bro..try diagnose first with autologic machine.

Did some diagnose a few days back. The non-responsive iDrive was rctified when I did the by-pass on the bluetooth. Also managed to solve the airbag problem. Only now the ABS n Auto-cruise needs to be looked into. Was told to changed my current tyre to the original size 275/35/19. I had the rear changed to 275/40/19 a few days ago when my my tyre hit a pothole tht damaged it.

Thanks for the advise. I will update on the outcome.

:biggrin: ...Problem solved! :top: .....its all in the tyres. The odd size causes the cu to go haywire. Changed back to original size 275/35/19 (rear), and walla ... the ABS, Autocruise warning lights disappeared! ....:top:

dzuljazz2001;615635 said:
:biggrin: ...Problem solved! :top: .....its all in the tyres. The odd size causes the cu to go haywire. Changed back to original size 275/35/19 (rear), and walla ... the ABS, Autocruise warning lights disappeared! ....:top:

Glad to know all is OK bro... :)

Ini malam apa plan?

BlackCat;615637 said:
Glad to know all is OK bro... :)

Ini malam apa plan?

:listen: mlm ni need to "kawtim" with the 3 sili owner @ ard 8pm.. Im still haggling with the price to be knock down a bit more. Hopefully it will all be finalize tonite...after tht I might juz go to the official TT for a cuppa .... :biggrin:

dzuljazz2001;615656 said:
:listen: mlm ni need to "kawtim" with the 3 sili owner @ ard 8pm.. Im still haggling with the price to be knock down a bit more. Hopefully it will all be finalize tonite...after tht I might juz go to the official TT for a cuppa .... :biggrin:

Sounds like a plan... See you there if I'm there tonight.

dzuljazz2001;615635 said:

ooo..size tyre pun boleh buat hal..rim apa pakai bro?172?

BJM7978;626372 said:
:top:
:eek:

perghhh....

:listen: ..if you guys want to know more abt the CU sensitivity in relation to tyres/wheels sizes, come to Borneo Rainforest opposite Sunway Pyramid this Friday nite for our Official TT and I'll be more than happy to share :biggrin:

Yup E60 memang leceh. Anothe thing you must set the active stereng allignment in computer before sending for physical allignment for perfect setting.

Dato Dzul, how you bypass the bluetooth & how much the damage? Why your bluetooth kaput?? Too much blue ka?

initialM;626854 said:
Yup E60 memang leceh. Anothe thing you must set the active stereng allignment in computer before sending for physical allignment for perfect setting.

Dato Dzul, how you bypass the bluetooth & how much the damage? Why your bluetooth kaput?? Too much blue ka?

:listen: ... blue tooth did not kaput but sort of interfere with the CU ... since you are in JB, there is one forumer nmse gegek that can assist you to rectify the above with much cost, maybe even free. I had mine done and it csot me RM160 but I believe the mechanic just did a normal by-pass without putting anything extra ....
The Cu for the BT is in the trunk on the left side ... I think can DIY pun .... :biggrin:

initialM;626854 said:

IM, wah good la ur jiran can ask u to send his car for allignment hah ???????????????????

dzul, i told u not to play t brue cd maaaaaahhhhhh coz only side elevation maaaaahhhh

Bailey;627006 said:
IM, wah good la ur jiran can ask u to send his car for allignment hah ???????????????????

dzul, i told u not to play t brue cd maaaaaahhhhhh coz only side elevation maaaaahhhh

Cit podah dey ....:eek:

dzuljazz2001;615037 said:
Did some diagnose a few days back. The non-responsive iDrive was rctified when I did the by-pass on the bluetooth. Also managed to solve the airbag problem. Only now the ABS n Auto-cruise needs to be looked into. Was told to changed my current tyre to the original size 275/35/19. I had the rear changed to 275/40/19 a few days ago when my my tyre hit a pothole tht damaged it.

Thanks for the advise. I will update on the outcome.

Mr. VP, how do you solve the airbag problem? I m' having that issue now on my Idrive. I also had some issue with my windows and sunrooft which it display some error messages on the idrive but I solved it with re-initialized them.

Top Bottom