Idling RPM problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ayek

Club Guest
Hi All,Need some advice/opinion on my E30 problem.My E30 (auto, L-jetronic) is showing these symptom:1) At N or P, with a/c off the rpm is at 1.25.2) At N or P with a/c on the rpm goes down slightly to 1.3) At D,R,1,2,3 with ac on, it will go down a bit at 0.8 (sometimes engine boleh mati oso)Going to w/shop tomorrow but need some advise to avoid kena ketuk. Also notice that at any of the above 1,2,3 situation, the rpm is stable (not erratic up/down).Thanks in advance for all help.Regards.

Originally posted by ayek@Mar 26 2006, 03:42 PM
Hi All,

Need some advice/opinion on my E30 problem.

My E30 (auto, L-jetronic) is showing these symptom:

1) At N or P, with a/c off the rpm is at 1.25.
2) At N or P with a/c on the rpm goes down slightly to 1.
3) At D,R,1,2,3 with ac on, it will go down a bit at 0.8 (sometimes engine boleh mati oso)

Going to w/shop tomorrow but need some advise to avoid kena ketuk. Also notice that at any of the above 1,2,3 situation, the rpm is stable (not erratic up/down).

Thanks in advance for all help.

Regards.
check for vacuum leak. clean ur throttle body. check if ur dipstick is properly sealing. readjust ur timing vlv.

Your topic has been towed to the appropriate section, in the future please refer to the main forum page for guidance.
There will be a link from the original place of posting leading to the new place (This states the approriate place).
If this thread is a tech question and if you are not sure which catergory to post under, please post under general tech.
If this thread is a 'FS or WTB' then post in the classifieds.

Thank You

-The Moderator

check for vacuum leak. clean ur throttle body. check if ur dipstick is properly sealing. readjust ur timing vlv.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks Skinhead for the tips but need further info...

1) How to check for vacuum leak? Any test that I could do?
2) Clean the throttle body...I guess I'll ask my mech to do this. Any specific things to look for?
3) How to check/test if dipstick is properly sealed?
4) Readjust the timing valve...not sure which valve is this...location?Is it the air slide valve? How to adjust?

Thanks again.

[/QUOTE]
Thanks Skinhead for the tips but need further info...

1) How to check for vacuum leak? Any test that I could do?
2) Clean the throttle body...I guess I'll ask my mech to do this. Any specific things to look for?
3) How to check/test if dipstick is properly sealed?
4) Readjust the timing valve...not sure which valve is this...location?Is it the air slide valve? How to adjust?

Thanks again.

Top Bottom