Idle Valve

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Unique

Club Guest
My car 318i E36 having problem with the idle valve, anyone had this problem before could share some info on the replacement cost. What is the price for the idle valve?Thanks.

Seems like not many buddies here know about the technical of the BMW car :( . Most of the forummers only know about the "non-technical" issue. :cry:

Originally posted by Unique@Aug 25 2005, 10:20 PM
Seems like not many buddies here know about the technical of the BMW car :( . Most of the forummers only know about the "non-technical" issue. :cry:
ahh.. Unique.. just stumbled on your thread.. :)

maybe care to explain 'why you know ' your idle valve is the problem ?

seen a mechanic lately ? did the mechanic diagnosed it was the fault of the idle valve ? the idle valve can be cleaned with carb cleaner.. if the motor is gone, then u need a new one.

costs of replacement is around a few hundred.. maybe browse yourself in the e36 maintanance thread..

it might have you.

regards :)

Originally posted by Unique@Aug 25 2005, 10:20 PM
hahh..far from the truth..:p... hehhe..

either way.. u can go full out and check out the electrical impedances etc of the ICV...and clean it out while u;re at it... it should work out fine.. usually tis all clogged, or lined with dirt etc..or worse..OIL...(like i found on my latest icv cleaning..)..

if the electrics are kaput...well..tough...get a new one..havent heard of anyone repairing their ICV's so far... but corect me if i'm wrong..:)..i'd like to learn..:)

hahha

cheers mate!

michael

Thanks for the tip guys,

Will seek my mech this weekend and tell him what i know from the tips you guys mention. I supected is the ICV, since when i move it around, the rev goes crazy. So with this knowledge, he wont simply change!!.

Originally posted by Unique@Aug 26 2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the tip guys,

Will seek my mech this weekend and tell him what i know from the tips you guys mention. I supected is the ICV, since when i move it around, the rev goes crazy. So with this knowledge, he wont simply change!!.
huh.. you think it's that ? can be sure ? :blink:

Top Bottom