i want to know about e36

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kayrules

Club Guest
hi everybody..im new here...really really new to bmw..i own an japanese car..for a long timeim interested to own this e36...coz i will be selling off toyota seg with bt engine soon... what i want to know is..1. how about the maintance of the car ? do i required frequently ?2. is it easy to get the part ? engine part ? car parts such as adsorber and lower arm sort off ...3. im a heavy user, meaning that i will be using the car frequently..im doing the sale...is it ok ?4. a few friend keep telling me this car...if break down it will cost u alots of money..5. and one friend keep telling that he have to spend every 2 -3 months 600-800 ringgit...he is doing the sale...6. is it meant for heavy driving?im so sorry if i ask alots of stupid question..i just want to clear up my mind...because there is alots of scary answer i got when i ask a few friends...its really hard to change mindset from japanese brand to continental..huhuhuevery answer that i get...is so scary..so i just want to clear up my mind...i really interested to have one..but i need to know..coz i hate if the maintaince is really high...im calculative person....please help me..thank you

Dewd, welcome to the Club Forum.

1. Logically, any car u drive, if u do a frequent maintenance, the car will last longer. Same as the E36. Read other topics here. There're lots of topics talking about E36 maintenance. Don't be paranoid about it. It's normal.

2. Parts can easily get. Unless its a performance part. No worries. Some are cheaper than Protong.

3. Daily drive is not a problem. Unless u r a rough driver and less caring fer the ride. Frequent Use = Frequent Service / Maintenance

4. Listen form a BMW owner. Not from some paranoid other make car owners.

5. His not doing a good job maintaining his car I guess.

6. How heavy u want to drive? Off-road?

Perhaps u can intro urself at the Newly Newbie section ya. Cheersss!

e36 is at least 10 years old (except for the last of the last batch , which are hard to find.)

Get one in decent condition, and budget RM10-20k to get it into tip-top shape. Then you can drive it daily without much worry. If you try to avoid it, it will bite your ass and your wallet.

It is a good car. The problem is the owner, i.e. whether the car was properly maintained or not.

kayrules;283177 said:
coz i hate if the maintaince is really high...
im calculative person....

Based on this, Japanese car would be better suited to your expectation.

See... Accountant not suitable to drive BMW wan.... because many expenses does not make sense to them.. :D :stupid:

Unavoidable near RM2k every 40k - 50k km (to some, that's every year) just for the complete set of brake disc rotors and linings.. My Perdana 12 years old with 200k km on the odo also never replace rotor before and it looks like can go another 400k km ah! :D

Radiator reservoir tank and thermostat are another must-replace for BMW every 40k - 60k km (recommended).. I never see Japanese car replace coolant reservoir before in my life! :D

What Astroboy said could be very true. Some wear and tear parts are best to be replaced to avoid unnecessary problem. I understand that the expansion tank for E36 325 and 328 (6-potter) can be replaced separately, but how about E36 318? I was told it comes in a set with the radiator... how true is this?

Top Bottom