I think i stuffed up my brake disc! Can

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GreenGhost

Club Guest
Any recommendations for me to start researching for a new set of brake discs? Any particular brands?To the guys who have done the upgrade to better braking systems, do i just have to change the brake discs alone? What bout the calipers, do they need to be changed too?Thanks heaps heaps heaps in advance...................* jOn

Good aftermarket brake performance set cost and arm and leg... AP Racing, Brembo are good choices. If I am not mistaken last I checked it goes to the range of RM10k for the BMW (friend paid RM21k for his AP Racing brake upgrade on his R33 GT-R yikes). Comes with bigger discs diameter, totally different calipers and brake pads.

EBC has its own rotor and pads and are quite reputable and much cheaper. But if I were you I'd just go with stock/oem discs and pads for the $$$ if you're not looking at AP racing or brembo type budgets for the upgrade.

mr ghost

please state what car,model, year, capacity etc,etc,etc

it will be easier for those who have the same models/make to be able to advise you accordingly

there of course upgrades between models, which in this case you get bigger brakes, without buying aftermarket, plus its a plug and play fitment and original bmw parts

no point of me yakking my ruffs only to find out you drive a E90 or Cooper S.....

Yes you got a good point there.

I am driving an 325i E46 facelifted.

Wow didnt / couldnt even guess braking systems reach that kinda price. I am severly mistaken!

Yes please more suggestions guys. I guess the logical step would be to look for some 330i brakes.

Any idea where i can get them aside from AB?

Thanks guys. you been helpful.

jOn

try looking at ebay or a german site that carries the 330i

there aren't many 330i owners that do upgrades to BBK, but who knows, you maybe lucky

another place to try is stoot gard in tmn mayang, they have exotic stuff sometimes

hey guys,

if i was to search for a second hair pair, how do i know if they arent warped too? Or if they also have some other type of problem?

Any idea how much from Bavaria brand new?

thanks.

jOn

if you try and get it from a chop shop, chances are you may be able to get it checked first

if you get it from another user, try and find out why he is selling, can confirm suspicion if not given proper excuse

you could roughly touch and move your hands around it to see if the surface has humps, or take a long ruler and measure across and see if there;s eneven humps

when you buy used stuff, there's always a risk involved.....
so good luck to you

BTW if you wanna upgrade to 330i disk, you need the calipers, and carrier

i think you can get the set new per pair with calipers ,carrier, disk,pads for about euro 800-900.......

Brakes are nothing to skimp at. You and your loved ones need to count on your brakes when you need it most. Imagine doing 110km/h (thats more than 30m per second!) on the highway and your brakes fail on you when you need to do an emergency stop.

Just get a new pair! And make it original BMW.

yea yea,agree with u 3er.
ur life ,and other life is depend on ur brakes too.
get a new and original pair .

Top Bottom