I need serious tyres for my 520 E60- Help please

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bienh78

Club Guest
I am thinking of buying Michelin PS 2 (not the crappy PP2) or Goodyear Assymetric 2. I like quietness, comfort and able to tolerate potholes but still grippy. Can anybody help me with their ownership experience? Suggestions welcome:cool:

There are lots and lots of useful information in this thread (Chassis & Wheels Tech) regarding tyres, recommendation for e60 tyres, user's experiences for various tyres and so forth.

So please spend of your free time going through this thread and I am sure you will find your answers.

I used Pilot Sport2. That was a very good tyre but mine lasted about 7 months coz I drive a lot. Then I went for Contisport3. That was good too but I felt main problem was more noisier. If I am not mistaken, Asymmetric 2 is still quite new in this country.

Personally, there's no perfect tyres. You can compare among the good brands and choose which one you prefer and I'm sure you will also know that currently, Michelin PS3/PSS, Continental CSC5P, Goodyear Asymmetric 2 are some of the top models around. Just make a pick and you won't go wrong with them :)

bienh I saw a few pictures of Goodyear Asymmetric suffering cracks under a year of driving! not so durable for roads ridden with pot hole:rolleyes:

Not interested in Continental. PS 2 is available at a special price so I am serious. Goodyear Asymmetric cracks - frightening. Just wondering if Asymmetric 2 is free from this?

Seem like nobody here have tried Goodyear Asymmetric 2 after Michelin PS 2 tyres.:104:

All these reputable brands are reliable. It's just like BMW, Mercedes and Audi. Some people prefer BMW, some prefer the rest :) All of them will work and out of the bunch, there would eventually be bad experiences, bad product, etc. There's always a failure rate for every product and sometimes it can also be a user's problem. I've used Goodyear, Yokohama, Michelin and now Continental. To me, the higher end models are more or less the same. PS3 might be better than CSC5-P in some areas and vice-versa for example.

Sometimes there's no need to waste so much of time comparing those fine details of these tyres because it's just for normal road use, we're not doing tracks :) If I put all these tyres into the same car without you knowing and ask you to test drive, I doubt we can identify which is which. This shows how minimal the difference is for a normal car driver.

heh... I using not so serious tyres.. :4:

PS3 depan and S-Drive belakang.. Serious people won't even use combined tyre.. :4:

PS3 for me is soft and grip enough because my car can't drive above 250kph. S-Drive was a mistake because I wanted to buy Korean and they dun have my size.. so end up with S-Drive.. very hard and noisy tyres, not serious.. :4:

Ok.. now back to serious topic.. :)

Since you not using so serious tyres, why not just go for chap Gajah?

astroboy;671479 said:
heh... I using not so serious tyres.. :4:

PS3 depan and S-Drive belakang.. Serious people won't even use combined tyre.. :4:

PS3 for me is soft and grip enough because my car can't drive above 250kph. S-Drive was a mistake because I wanted to buy Korean and they dun have my size.. so end up with S-Drive.. very hard and noisy tyres, not serious.. :4:

Ok.. now back to serious topic.. :)

herbert;671488 said:
Since you not using so serious tyres, why not just go for chap Gajah?

My MPV is Chap Gajah, max speed rating 180kph and the car can only do 160kph, pedal to metal.. E90 kenot.. still need to do 200kph to catch up when in club convoys.. :p

I miss my S.Drive surely :) They might be a little noisy but dry grip is even better than PP2 in my opinion.

the crack was in the old asymmetric. new asymmetric 2 is very new, not much user review yet

Top Bottom