I always wonder...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aramis

Club Guest
I understand absorbers for E46 4 and 6-potters are different. What actually are the difference? 1. Totally not inter-changeable?2. Can fit but ride height will be different?

since nobody has answered you, i'll give it my 2 cents.
based on my e36 experience.
You can't use 318 shocks on a 328/28 as the sizes are different.
Which will affect the ride hieght a bit, but i think it'll affect the ride even more.
The 325/28 shocks are meant for a car with a heavier engine, and as such you shouldn't use them on a 318.

cheers.

Hello. I was pondering the same question too when i got my 4 potter E90....

The reason you cant interchange is quite simply the fact that the 6 pot engine is heavier. The shocks and springs are made specifically to handle the additional weight.

Hope that helps. :)

What is the difference between a size 6 and size 4 shoe? Can fit or uncomfortable to wear.. :D

Ride height obviously different lor, I think its negligible la. Should be able to fit. Just like wheels, your 318 can fit 18" also ma.

Why is the point of the question? If u have size 4 leg, pakai la size 4.

U already know 6-potter is heavier ma. If use 4-pottor absorber, then the ride lembik lor. Vice versa..

astroboy;263690 said:
What is the difference between a size 6 and size 4 shoe? Can fit or uncomfortable to wear.. :D

Ride height obviously different lor, I think its negligible la. Should be able to fit. Just like wheels, your 318 can fit 18" also ma.

Why is the point of the question? If u have size 4 leg, pakai la size 4.

U already know 6-potter is heavier ma. If use 4-pottor absorber, then the ride lembik lor. Vice versa..

I know about the shoe size analogy...duh....

Slide;263677 said:
since nobody has answered you, i'll give it my 2 cents.
based on my e36 experience.
You can't use 318 shocks on a 328/28 as the sizes are different.
Which will affect the ride hieght a bit, but i think it'll affect the ride even more.
The 325/28 shocks are meant for a car with a heavier engine, and as such you shouldn't use them on a 318.

cheers.

will it post any danger to the driver, assuming that the ride height is negligible?

Top Bottom