Humming Noise when acceleration

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ibrahim Hanif

Club Guest
Hi all sifus & friends,Would like to seek an advice on my e46 with n42 engine. Today it start to came out some sort of humming noise from the engine i guess. It happens when acceleration. The more I rev the more it sounds. When i'm driving with window down, i also can hear the sound from outside. No engine light, temperature also at normal. What are the cause of this humming noise sifus?. Your all kind advice is much appreciated and Thanks in advance.

Salam ibrahim, with my experience with e46 for pass 13 years I personally think it is due to the fan clutch unit

hasfanyzam;853626 said:
Salam ibrahim, with my experience with e46 for pass 13 years I personally think it is due to the fan clutch unit

Wslm. Fan Clutch?. U encountered this before?. What's the damage cost?.

Ibrahim Hanif;853638 said:
Wslm. Fan Clutch?. U encountered this before?. What's the damage cost?.

Not expensive if i am not mistaken it was arround rm250 on 3 yrs bck.

But I think my fan works as usual. Now i keep monitoring it.

The sound looks like when we are climbing uphill. Exactly. As we put more acceleration. When gear have changed, the sound reduced. Is that normal?.

Or is it I have to change the oil and service already and i think i had put stress to the engine.

Any advice?

- - - Updated - - -

But I think my fan works as usual. Now i keep monitoring it.

The sound looks like when we are climbing uphill. Exactly. As we put more acceleration. When gear have changed, the sound reduced. Is that normal?.

Or is it I have to change the oil and service already and i think i had put stress to the engine.

Any advice?

Hi sifu,
I having the same problem as urs lately. What could have been wrong, mind to share?

can you hear the humming sound with the aircondition switched off? i had humming noise coming out from my AC compressor before.

Errm vr did that. .. just went to mech was told the engine cover no near to the engine may cause the hummering sound so he readjust the cover.
A little better now haven't try on hill yet.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

888881 said:
Errm ady did that. .. just went to mech was told the engine cover no near to the engine may cause the hummering sound so he readjust the cover.
A little better now haven't try on hill yet.

Top Bottom