Humming noise at high speeds (>110kph)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Aeroboy

Club Guest
Sifus,Would like to ask if anyone has any experience before with a slight humming noise at speeds starting from 110kph?There's a slight humming noise and minor (very minor) vibrations can be felt at the accelerator pedal and steering (it vibrates to the in sync with the humming noise).It also appears to get louder as I travel faster.Could this be a problem with the longshaft?e90 - 325i.Thanks.

one of your wheel bearings kaput dy.

Just check which side has gone busted. Ask a mech.

Forgot to mention also. It only happens when I turn the steering wheel slightly to the right then the sounds happens.
When going left slight (during turns on highways) the sounds disappears.

Steering rack issue?

Appreciate anyone's help/feedback.

Only happens at high speeds. Thanks.

a tyre buldge perhaps ...the cheapest solution ...get the tyre's checked ..

Ok. Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback.

Will get that checked first. Hopefully it's something very simple.

I'm currently having the same problem. There's a slight humming noise from the front at 100km/h. I understand that this is an old thread, but I thought I'd give it a shot before starting a new thread. TS what was the cause of the hum and how did you solve it? :)

I read somewhere that it's possible to experience this humming noise if the transmission oil is insufficient. I just had my transmission oil changed last friday. Could that be a possible reason? Any thoughts and suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks

E90 320i @ 110,000km

My car also got humming noise but at low speed. The frequency of sound is like low then medium then low then medium............... I suspect it is wheel bearing. Last time my civic got this sound also. Not very expensive to replace la. Will chck with mechanic this week.

Jack up the car, use one hand to hold the spring and another hand to spin the wheel. You shouldn't feel vibration with the hand on the spring. Try on both front wheel to see if there's any difference with either wheel.

Thanks for the suggestion astroboy. Will take it to Optimum for a quick check this coming weekend. Hopefully nothing too bad. :)

Finally i get mine checked. The culprit of noise is run flat tyre. Time to change tyre.

Top Bottom