How to rechage key

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tay

Club Guest
Just got my UDM last week. a fantastic car i must say.The owner actually given me all the keys and there are 2 keys with remote. one Key A) key is being used regularly and the other one (key B)being used one in a while, according to the previous owner.I can'y use the key B to open and close door, and appear that need to be charged. I read the manual that you need to drive a distance to be charged and I travelled by using the key for about 1 hour drive.The problem is it is not yet charged and my question is, am i doing it correctly or just need more time to charge?:rolleyes:

U sure can recharge thru the car? As i know, e39 car key use cell one wor..

I think tay you are right, there is a mini capacitor in your key holder, and it will be recharged while driving.., but not sure how long it will take to be fully charged.

wan520i;213656 said:
I think tay you are right, there is a mini capacitor in your key holder, and it will be recharged while driving.., but not sure how long it will take to be fully charged.

The mini capacitor only for last batch of e39?? Why not me??

also found in the manual that it require 'lomg distant' driving so dunno how long...will try to use the key this coming week and see how it goes....

when u didn't use the key for a very long time tat will happen,get the keys reprogramme again.it is chargeable for bout 50bucks.you can hv the key be programme at different set-up.1 press unlock driver door only 2 press unlock all doors,cabin lights,windows,unlock the trunk or any wat you want to do wif it.i got mine done by ah meng m speed subang.

BP8000;213680 said:
when u didn't use the key for a very long time tat will happen,get the keys reprogramme again.it is chargeable for bout 50bucks.you can hv the key be programme at different set-up.1 press unlock driver door only 2 press unlock all doors,cabin lights,windows,unlock the trunk or any wat you want to do wif it.i got mine done by ah meng m speed subang.

It happen for e39 year 97 too?

maybe u can do your key at JB,or beyond the causeway....where is ur location TAY ?

Top Bottom