How to preserve Battery

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by vladd_tappish @ Feb 18 2005@ 07:55 PM

However this idea cannot be used on the newer models because from what I heard, once the battery is removed the ECU has to programmed back.

How true is this?? Do we need to re-progamme the ECU after removing battery?? How, with MODIC??

What will happen if my battery dies on me overnight, no access to the back seat, and need to wait for workshop to bring new battery?? Does it mean that I cant drive my car, or does it just mean that my settings hv to be re-programmed??

While on this re-programming matter, what is the diff between MODIC and GT2 (or something sounding like it)??? Was at MPower, spoke to Bala. Says GT2 is the latest gizmo, more accurate but costs RM180, MODIC is cheaper at RM80.

Pls advice on the differences, I need to reset my ECU (again, is this necessary??)

Thnx.

Jarance,

Ok, thnx for the info, will go for the MODIC reset.

When can I get u to help me clean my LCD display in my instrument cluster?? Now my milage display is acting up, ever since i got my oil change lights reset, now got alien font. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by 5201@Feb 21 2005, 01:34 PM
Jarance,

Ok, thnx for the info, will go for the MODIC reset.

When can I get u to help me clean my LCD display in my instrument cluster?? Now my milage display is acting up, ever since i got my oil change lights reset, now got alien font. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
can take picture and post here... like to see what the alien look like before comment.. :dunno:

Originally posted by jarance @ Feb 21 2005@ 01:57 PM
can take picture and post here... like to see what the alien look like before comment..

Jarance,

This is how my alien font looks like. Car is under the sun, fonts missing.

So how?? Can this be repaired, and more importantly, can u help??

Jarance,

The gear indicator LCD is even worse, so faint till cant see unless u squint real hard.

These two indicators are real important to me, as I can know service and oil change time, as well as fuel consumption, and to know that I am on the right gear. Nah... the gear thingy is an eye-sore, just wanted to make it better.

Originally posted by 5201@Feb 21 2005, 03:27 PM
Jarance,

The gear indicator LCD is even worse, so faint till cant see unless u squint real hard.

These two indicators are real important to me, as I can know service and oil change time, as well as fuel consumption, and to know that I am on the right gear. Nah... the gear thingy is an eye-sore, just wanted to make it better.
The LCD is completely darken... it look like a burnt out LCD display.. dunno whether it can be repaired.. :dunno: :dunno:

Sifu Jarance,

The milage indicators are all ok, till i got the reset lights done. Now its behaving lydis, mayb due to lack of current to it?? :dunno:

The gear indicator will all light up at cold startups in mornings or nights, after short driving (after it gets warm), the resolution dissapears. During hot afternoons like today, it goes into hiding mode. I dont think its fully burned out, can still see full display when its cold. :blink: :beaten:

Pls help, teh tariks and nasi lemaks (notice the "s") at TTs??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jarance,

Thnx for the offer, I will surely be coming to Klang this sunday.

Pls reply to my PM of yr address and location.

Thnx again. :yes!: :yes!:

Top Bottom