..how to fix this..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ecc0

Associate Member
..hi guys..i hope my message finds you in good health as well as your families..i have question regarding very weird situation i found this morning, inside my car and i have no idea how this happen and most importantly, how to fix it. Basically, cloth 'attached' or 'glued' or whatever process is used to fix it, on ceiling, on the top of the driver seat, kind a , fell off. There is no cut or anything, its simply 'unhooked' from body and hanging down. Please take a look at pictures.

..top of the driver seat..
20150823_113410.jpg

..view from driver side..
20150823_113402.jpg

..view from behind(open trunk)..you can see thing clearly hanging down..
20150823_114507.jpg

..there is no any sort of damage on car out/inside..no cut of any kind on interior, ceiling and so on..car was not kept on sun or anything..in fact, it was kept inside, away from sun, for 2 years now and i only turning on engine and giving it short ride every weekend..its pampered a lot..so, how this thing could happen?? And most important, how to fix this thing?? I have no idea..any information is extremely welcome. Thank you very much guys..

It was a10 year old car when this happened to me.. So i guess the time had came... sent to shop for rewrapping.

EccO,

This is quite a common problem with continental cars especially as the car aged overtime. The glue that affixed the sponge together with the roofing cloth has dried up or became brittle hence the drop. Happened to both my e39 and e60 and it cost about RM 450.00 (include A, B & C pillars) together with new cloth (similar to original). The shop is Top Cushion Service and the boss is Ah Kit and check out full details here...http://panpages.my/listings/my156305-top-cushion-service

aiyaaa....our skin osso sag as we age.what more a car....

follow herbert's advise.top cushion is THE place to go for upholstery repair....

Happen to my e36 and e46. Easily can get it replaced at car cushion shop. Only have to bear the smell of the glue for a week or so.

Yes happened to my E46 too and it is quite common. Ah Kit at Top Cushion does a good job with this..

..thank you very much for this info...how long it takes to finish work??

one whole day. send the car in the morning by 9am say and it'll be done by 5pm, or earlier.

Top Bottom