How to clean e34 headlights?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chaiks

Club Guest
I'd believe the old forum I came across a site posted by someone an instruction to open & clean e34 headlights. Anyone care to point me the right direction?

buy me a tt and i'll show you how.. too complicated to write in here..regards.

Miau ....Dun wan to invite me ke ??? But now. weather not so good. Takes ages to dry .... Use hair dryer lorr ....

Kesian Miau ...Ok lah ... R & R Awan Besar heading towards Puchong.When ? What time ? Satay maybe ???

Where are u located ?The place I mentioned is at KESAS highway, KL to Puchong, right after the first toll. DUn worry, u don't hv to pay for the satay laaa ...

Originally posted by amizana@Dec 22 2004, 12:53 AM heh....heh.......it is near my house la.. :D
Near my house also. Sri Petaling and Salak South garden.

Geng,I must add sumthing lar....whatever you do,after having the lights apart,do not put too much pressure whilst cleaning the reflector as this will cause irreversible damage.When I did mine,i used facial tissue and wiped it 'normally' only to find that i have wiped OFF the reflective coating.Lucky me I have another set on standby,courtesy of a fren who replaced his lights due to bad pitting of the lens.You know the soft brush u use to clean the camera lens.....that's the one to use for the reflector.......

Miau's house and my house oso within the same area.Miau... answer laaaa ... Dun worry, Ur E30 still very very the handsome wan ..

Woohoo! I did it. Took about 1.5 hours. Just remove 3 screws and take out the elipsoid assembly. A very very thin layer of dust is all that it takes to blur out your lights. Just soft facial tissue on the elipsoid lenses with some mild detergent and presto! Like Mr.535 said, avoid cleaning the chrome reflectors as even light rubbing with soft tissue can easily scratch it.

Lights on! I like the driving beams to be white and the high beam to be yellowish. If you've noticed the cars in Gran Turismo Playstation you'll know what i'm talking about. Also, white lights cannot penetrate fog so I have yellow lights as a backup when I need it. Ultimate Driving Machine should be able to handle rain or shine or snow or fog. Yeah baby! :p

Lights Off! Notice all the tiny stone chips on the lens? Anybody got any suggestions on how to polish away stone chips? 2 hours with Autosol?

Top Bottom