How reliable is your electronics? too sensitive?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Mun

Club Guest
Guys,Just to share some issues with my 325.1. Just over a month ago, the central lock became faulty. A quick trip to Ingress takes care the problem by replacing the blown fuse.2. A couple of weeks later, few faulty messages pop up at the same time. All to do with the brake system and DTC. I knew it was just electronics since all of them came about the same time. impossible for it to be mechanically faulty at the same time. So again another trip to Ingress, and after diagnose, they discovered a screw is missing for the speed sensor. So it was quickly replaced.3. over the weekend, "restraint system faulty" popped up on the monitor. So again the JOY of driving interrupted ( not to mention the annoying message popping up on the monitor) and sent the car to Ingress this morning. They found out that the cable to the batter is loose and not providing enough voltage to the airbag and seatbelt sensors. So it was tightened and JOY again.So I'm wondering if any of you experience such faults, and whether these are common. or the car is loosely put together....

Even for older models like the E46 electrical fluctuation even by a bit can play havoc... when my angel eye ballast/inverter went kaput i had a faulty transmission gear light up during an evening drive. had to restart the car back. Once i changed the inverter/ballast ... never had that error again until the ballast went kaput again that is :D

Because of BMW, Toyota become the most reliable car.. :24:

Mine with 2 more months to go on warranty, counting my lucky star before they run out. Made appointment with Ingress for fixing oil sump leakage. Nothing to do with electronics..

So you should rephrase your topic to..

"How reliable is your mechanical and electronics? too sensitive?"

Haven't kena any electronic gremlins yet on my car *gulp*. Mun what year make is your car?

E46Fanatic;464270 said:
Haven't kena any electronic gremlins yet on my car *gulp*. Mun what year make is your car?

Bro, his registration in the E9x ownership list is: # 177. Mun : 2007 325 M Sport, Monaco Blue.
Wondering whether was this car assembled in Kulim? There seems to have some little hick-ups for the last batches of Shah Alam assembled vehicles.

astroboy;464275 said:
Alo! Kulim only start operation in 2008 la..

Kulim assembled got no problems...only the last few batches from Shah Alam that have hick-ups here & there.

BlackE90;464277 said:
Kulim assembled got no problems...only the last few batches from Shah Alam that have hick-ups here & there.

This is high level information la.. and we don't even know if its true, its best kept within 4 walls during HH.. :wink:

Noticed the new LCI's have a proud INOKOM label on the driver door sticker. Older batches of CKD's dun have.

newsbmw2.jpg

BlackE90;464277 said:

So mine must be from Shah Alam ! Anyway mileage is only 28k.

So what are the issues from Shah Alam batches. mine was oct 07.

Mun;464310 said:

lol! then we are on the same boat.. :D :D

Mun;464310 said:

Don't worry bro, your ride still have warranty mah.....Anything goes wrong, just send her to Ingress Auto.

Or you can DIY at Astro's workshop.....

BlackE90;464338 said:
...Or you can DIY at Astro's workshop.....

I am surprised after u know what I recently did to my car, you still dare to recommend my workshop.. :24:

Mun;464247 said:
Guys,

Just to share some issues with my 325.

1. Just over a month ago, the central lock became faulty. A quick trip to Ingress takes care the problem by replacing the blown fuse.

2. A couple of weeks later, few faulty messages pop up at the same time. All to do with the brake system and DTC. I knew it was just electronics since all of them came about the same time. impossible for it to be mechanically faulty at the same time. So again another trip to Ingress, and after diagnose, they discovered a screw is missing for the speed sensor. So it was quickly replaced.

3. over the weekend, "restraint system faulty" popped up on the monitor. So again the JOY of driving interrupted ( not to mention the annoying message popping up on the monitor) and sent the car to Ingress this morning. They found out that the cable to the batter is loose and not providing enough voltage to the airbag and seatbelt sensors. So it was tightened and JOY again.

So I'm wondering if any of you experience such faults, and whether these are common. or the car is loosely put together....

it's ironic that these problems are the most common. i too had the JOY of bringing my 325 to AB JB many times.. ever since owning it from mid-07.

the most recent one which occured this morning is the ABS/DTC error...driving stability crap thingy popped up on my iDrive screen...again I will be enJOYing the trip to AB to fix this...and the worst thing is that my warranty has expired..arrggghhhh.

any more heads up on this problem...Mun's is one.

mnas;465505 said:
it's ironic that these problems are the most common. i too had the JOY of bringing my 325 to AB JB many times.. ever since owning it from mid-07.

the most recent one which occured this morning is the ABS/DTC error...driving stability crap thingy popped up on my iDrive screen...again I will be enJOYing the trip to AB to fix this...and the worst thing is that my warranty has expired..arrggghhhh.

any more heads up on this problem...Mun's is one.

So mnas, what was the cause of the JOY? mine was a missing screw. Lucky they didn't charge anything otherwise I'll screw them.

hey mun..

just had a trip to an independent BMW workshop here.. they did a diagnose and i managed to snap a screenshot. the error messages were:

DSC - 5DF1 DSC: Hydraulic unit: pump motor connector faulty -- fault currently present
DSC - 5DF0 DSC: Hydraulic unit: pump motor -- fault currently present
Hydraulic unit B3450_L2_HE

then the dianostic system showed some sort of a wiring diagram...presumably telling which part is failing..but didnt manage to catch much glimpse of it.

could it be just the connector or the pump ? is it 3 faults or just 1 fault ? if it's the whole bloody hydraulic unit i think it will set me back by some 3k ? didnt get it repaired yet as they have no stock item, so i guess the car will be limping without ABS/DSC for the time being. going to AB JB to see what's their diagnose & their quote also.

i wonder if i can get the spare part no. for this and source from S'pore or ebay. hmm...why do all these major faults come after warranty period..

mnas - whats the mileage on your car now? Wondering if these faults are normal wear and tear based on mileage driven..

E46Fanatic;465586 said:
mnas - whats the mileage on your car now? Wondering if these faults are normal wear and tear based on mileage driven..

my mileage only 31 K km since June-07....or rather abnormal due to underusage.

the independent BMW workshop said it's kinda common for the E60s but not yet for E90s.

been searching for parts no. for this...and found that RealOEM.com is a very good source of info...well at least it gave me an idea of what these things look like.

Hmm yes odd. Mine's a manufactured 2005, reg Feb 07. Mileage 34k's. So far no electronic faults/gremlins yet on the car. Your case could possibly be just a one off thing. I think for your case, try for goodwill warranty since your mileage is low and you haven't passed 3 years yet. Most likely u just have to pay for labor and BMW will foot the bill for the parts.

Top Bottom