How do you secure your BMW?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
evilnickwong;824647 said:
Not sure whether any shops can do it, but I imagine it's not complicated.

I brought this up because I have it on my E30. Seems like a simple yet possibly effective method to be used whenever I park my car at dodgy places.

bro, where you did yours?

evilnickwong;824647 said:
Not sure whether any shops can do it, but I imagine it's not complicated.

I brought this up because I have it on my E30. Seems like a simple yet possibly effective method to be used whenever I park my car at dodgy places.

Before the introduction of immobilizer to the bmw car, the "kill switch" under the dashboard or the seat is a must.

IMO keep your car low profile is the best way to avoid (or reduce chances of) being stolen.

summore spending too much on unessesary stuff (acessories, badge etc) to our cars is a waste of money. we do this and that to make it looks cool, itll raise the heat up and next thing we know it got stolen :(

x2n;824679 said:
IMO keep your car low profile is the best way to avoid (or reduce chances of) being stolen.

summore spending too much on unessesary stuff (acessories, badge etc) to our cars is a waste of money. we do this and that to make it looks cool, itll raise the heat up and next thing we know it got stolen :(

bro i know but how to keep low profile while driving a BMW :thefinger:
tyre can be very low profile but the car itself still very high profile

LOL!!!

i dunno, maybe a few dents, scratches and cement will do the trick :p

If new car dun worry. Some insurance will pay full insured amount now. For cars of less than 5 years I think.

well what to do after all its a UDM right...
Have to live with it but be more carefull alert always with the surrounding...:burnout:

I dont bother with those steering locks. It only delays your getaway time and increases your risk when you are stationary in the carpark.

If a perp really wants your car, he will hijack you and/or get your keys instead.

3er;824764 said:
I dont bother with those steering locks. It only delays your getaway time and increases your risk when you are stationary in the carpark.

If a perp really wants your car, he will hijack you and/or get your keys instead.

Please get the definition correct. What are we preventing here? prevent car from being stolen or preventing car hijacking? Steering lock is to prevent your car from being stolen but it cannot stop car hijacking.

Any car can be stolen with many ways. Just open ya eyes when u drive and whr u park. Even honda kapchai is stolen.

Daniel E30;824776 said:
Any car can be stolen with many ways. Just open ya eyes when u drive and whr u park. Even honda kapchai is stolen.

Yup bro...
Always be alert with your surrounding...

splee;824055 said:
The old steering lock is a cheap and convenient way to keep thieves away.

as a professional locksmith
Steering lock still the preferred way for car theft prevention. Ofcause a good steering lock is needed if not the cheap china lock might cause you problem to unlock the steering lock (it get jammed most of the time)

reason: no car theft want to waste lots of time to steal a car

cons: you must lock your wheel everytime with steering lock, even for a 5 minute break. 5min is golden time for car theft.

I think GPS tracker is the good investment. You can trace your car after being hijack.

Jigo;839854 said:
I think GPS tracker is the good investment. You can trace your car after being hijack.

yes, steering lock is the prevent car being stolen
gps is the recover your car when it get stolen.

I see some car add a switch sumwer at hidden place. without switching it ON u cant start the car.. can that be done in BMW ? with this OFF the car will not crank..

..luppa balloon..compressed air filled from special small tank..trick is simple..soon as you leave car, after 1 minute or so, baloon inflate and literally fill whole car driver/passenger compartment . It can be cut off by knife or burnt out(military grade textyle/nylon and ATEX) ...whole thing is fixed to body chassis, and it cant be removed by hand when inflated..put it on simple way, thief simply, cant sit in a car :) if somehow manage to perforate balloon (very hard such material), it will trigger alarm instantly when pressure inside balloon drops .. :) hehehe

Ecc0;845405 said:
..luppa balloon..compressed air filled from special small tank..trick is simple..soon as you leave car, after 1 minute or so, baloon inflate and literally fill whole car driver/passenger compartment . It can be cut off by knife or burnt out(military grade textyle/nylon and ATEX) ...whole thing is fixed to body chassis, and it cant be removed by hand when inflated..put it on simple way, thief simply, cant sit in a car :) if somehow manage to perforate balloon (very hard such material), it will trigger alarm instantly when pressure inside balloon drops .. :) hehehe

this sounds interesting.. did you apply this to ur car?

i'm looking into 2 system to be install next month ...

1 . known as " black jack " and no 2 . " touch n go "

black jack using coded number and touch n go using card detected . those two system operate when only the car is in motion .

i'll updated upon install ...

- - - Updated - - -

i'm looking into 2 system to be install next month ...

1 . known as " black jack " and no 2 . " touch n go "

black jack using coded number and touch n go using card detected . those two system operate when only the car is in motion .

i'll updated upon install ...

Top Bottom