How do you secure your BMW?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jason.lim

Club Guest
guys, would like to find out if anyone of you put on any additional security to ur ride?

The old steering lock is a cheap and convenient way to keep thieves away.

No point for those add-ons security apparatus. Our cars comes with a chip embeded in the key fob and without the presence of the key those low-down-piece-of-shit criminals cannot (technically) drive away with your car. So they will wait for the owner of the targetted vehicle to be around and attack him/her to get the keys. So if you have those additional security locks, nevermind if it is an old cheap steeting lock or an expensive state of the art ones, when these low-down-piece-of-shit criminals gets to the unfortunate owner, the owner will have to surrender the all the keys to enable the vehicle to be driven away.

Steering locks like the tongkat is useless, one hacksaw and gone la.

Best security is to spray te car like Honda Accord Gold. The thieves will be aghast and not touch the car. LOL

I think bro Jason means what else can be done in addition to the BMW immobiliser. Steering lock is easily hacked but it's better than not having one. As a thief I will would choose the one that is most convenient to drive off.

yes guys, i'm referring to those additional security function on top of the original immobilizer. for my vios, i installed locktect (steering & engine lock) which i think is pretty safe but sadly this is not available for most European cars. like how splee mentioned, probably the eye-catching steering lock is still the best solution.
i saw some recommended Cobra GPS

tIANcI;824479 said:
Steering locks like the tongkat is useless, one hacksaw and gone la.

Best security is to spray te car like Honda Accord Gold. The thieves will be aghast and not touch the car. LOL
How true, I never had people batting even an eyelid with my gold car....except for tIANcI that is, who loved it so much he attempted to steal it numerous times. Hahahaha

evilnickwong;824597 said:
How about a hidden kill switch? Car can't start unless it's in the correct position.

Best idea but its a BMW, with tons of sensors etc.

evilnickwong;824597 said:
How about a hidden kill switch? Car can't start unless it's in the correct position.

bro, do you have more info about this feature? googled and found it's something like a relay switch and wired into the ignition part.
any workshop here did this installation before?

splee;824055 said:
The old steering lock is a cheap and convenient way to keep thieves away.

Emmm, yes I fruly feel the same just started using Short T Rex Bar.cost less than 100 ringgit

in Giant Subang Jaya. Very easy to use. I am very glad i did use it cause a car got stolen

In one of the hotel when I was having dinner.

Plus the car was parked same floor just beside me....

Sad to say the CCTV not workng to see who done it...

Cheers..

Alby325i :):)

Maybe can try put police sticker on your windscreen. Cheapest way to keep thieves away. Hahaha. But nowadays maybe tak pakai already.

jarance;824612 said:
Dont wash the car. A thief will never steal a dirty car.. :smokin:[/QUOTE

Hehehe....good one Jarance but are you sure? :)

Alby325i;824615 said:
jarance;824612 said:
Dont wash the car. A thief will never steal a dirty car.. :smokin:[/QUOTE

Hehehe....good one Jarance but are you sure? :)

I think so coz nobody steal my car even I forget to lock it.

one time, I left my car door open and went to fetch a friend in hotel. came out and the car is still there.
It was not wash for a week..

splee;824619 said:
My car always dirty, so I am safe...ahahahaha

Hahaha...tersenyum learning tips from my brother Jarance and Splee...

Guys can always get away with that tapi Ladies tak bolehlah kereta kena

Cuba sebaik mungkin bersihlah...:):)

tIANcI;824601 said:
Best idea but its a BMW, with tons of sensors etc.

jason.lim;824602 said:
bro, do you have more info about this feature? googled and found it's something like a relay switch and wired into the ignition part.
any workshop here did this installation before?

Not sure whether any shops can do it, but I imagine it's not complicated.

I brought this up because I have it on my E30. Seems like a simple yet possibly effective method to be used whenever I park my car at dodgy places.

Top Bottom