Hood Insulation

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sontor79

Club Guest
Hi all,I just got my E90 320i from AB last month. Yesterday, I noticed that there is no insulation provided for the engine hood. Is it supposed to be there, or am I supposed to install it myself? The hood feels very hot after each ride since there's no insulation.Really need some feedback. Thanks a lot guys.

I think this is std for the last batch of E90, mine 323i also the same, but most importantly, the engine noise is surpressed when u r inside the car.

Scissorshand;766261 said:
I think this is std for the last batch of E90, mine 323i also the same, but most importantly, the engine noise is surpressed when u r inside the car.
If it's their standard, then I have to live with it. The engine noise is bearable, but it's the hot hood surface that worries me. Will it have any affect on the external paint ?

tIANcI;766382 said:
Did they use to have the insulators?
Maybe other sifu's can answer this one. Otherwise, can we install them ourselves ?

My X1 also does not come with the hood heat insulation cover. it would be better if heat insulation cover being apply.

hmmmmm....that's strange.my previous e28,e30(in patches like proton's after market ones) and e34 (covers the whole underside),and current e39 has it.the e39 insulation is the best in that it covers the whole inside of the hood and it's quite thick.

X1 have insulation but under the engine cover....not attach to the hood....same with other engine as well i think....more importantly. ..maybe the reason for not insulation is to have better air flow....hot air being disbursed freely...

Top Bottom