Hidden Functions for E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Replay

Club Guest
I heard that there are a couple of hidden functions for the E39, came across them on the web someplace but forgot to bookmark the link.......anyone has the link? One feature which i found useful is the headlight flash after turning off the car..leaves the car headlight on for half a min to illuminate the place before turning itself off...anyone have more?

Replay;307176 said:
I heard that there are a couple of hidden functions for the E39, came across them on the web someplace but forgot to bookmark the link.......anyone has the link?

One feature which i found useful is the headlight flash after turning off the car..leaves the car headlight on for half a min to illuminate the place before turning itself off...anyone have more?

Bro .. didnt know that is available on e39 .:eek: !! Tot only in E60 ..

Replay;307176 said:
I heard that there are a couple of hidden functions for the E39, came across them on the web someplace but forgot to bookmark the link.......anyone has the link?

One feature which i found useful is the headlight flash after turning off the car..leaves the car headlight on for half a min to illuminate the place before turning itself off...anyone have more?

bro,
I did not get it, how? Very blur this morning lah......please elaborate how to activate this function, thanks

maybe bcoz too many eating CHICKS down under tats why blur??????????? hehehehe

thx replay for sharing

p/s : bro replay when r u collecting yr CCFL lah ???????

Some of the features of the E39 BMW:

1) As u have mentioned - home lights feature.
2) with the indicater stalk after engine shutdown. flip left--> left angle eyes and left rear tail lights will illuminate. vise versa for toggle indicator stalk to the right. How long it function- don't know.
3) Automatic speed regulation of wipers on the 'on' mode. Wipers will be intermittent during full stop at toll booth or traffic jam.
4) in car parked doors locked , with remote, press lock you will see interior lights illuminate. To help u find your car.
5) similar to #4 if windows or sunroof is not closed, continue pushing lock will close all windows in car.
6) similarly if car is unlock and unlock button is held on, all windows and sunroof will start to open accoring to how long u hold down the remote.
7) don't lock the doors with unattended kids inside by using the lock button on the center console . This will not be able to enter the car via the remote. Logic of this cannot remember, pls see the user manual.
8) resetting of radio to different frequency settings and the tricks on changing BC mode from km's to miles.

Check out my blog! I placed there for my easy reference, and still can find if threads are trimmed here.

You can copy and test it out. Some of the features works for e46 and those that share the same software.

Cheers.

yu thx wc9922... half of this function was oledi in e34s and noticed all this in ma e39 too.. .but nvr read the manual. all in japanese.. hahaha

chaiks;307451 said:
Check out my blog! I placed there for my easy reference, and still can find if threads are trimmed here.

You can copy and test it out. Some of the features works for e46 and those that share the same software.

Cheers.

Very comprehensive info:top: . Thanks, bro

Egon-E39;307539 said:
got lah....it is all in the manual.....locate it....everything there...

Most of it is in the manual, but who reads manual anyway.

You need to know what it can do?

The feature I use the most is to signal to opposite side when I park at the road shoulder at night (Park left side, I signal right). This way, the front and rear parking light is switch on permanently, until of course you come and drive away.

For those that reach home at night after parking your car, you can just flash the headlight, and it will be lit, if i'm not mistaken for 1 minute. Its better than groping in the dark for keys to open your main door.

There are easter eggs function not available in the manual, eg. I remember owning e46, the speed volume is adjustable easily cos the function is available when reviewing the stereo mode. E39, the function to adjust speed volume is in the setup mode and its called GAL. The setup mode also allows you to set the geographical radio frequency. In fact, my used CKD was set to Europe, so I imagine the previous owner couldn't get most of the local station. I even managed to set the RDS function permanently on, so the station broadcasted text appears.

Just sharing. You won't know what you missing if you don't know its there.

cheers.
BTW, I can't unlock all the OBC extra features using number 19 for model e46. Any e39 owner who manage to do that please share. Mine is 2002 CKD. Thanks.

Top Bottom