HELP!! VIN check wrong date

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

erudite

Club Guest
I just bought a E60 525 japan spec listed by the saler as 2005. However I did a Vin check on the internet and it listed my car as June 2004 manufacturered. I asked the saler and the response it was manufactuered in 2004 June but only registered in Japan in 2005.Is this the normal? Is my car going to be listed as 2005 ?Your help/comments are greatly appreciated

erudite;494476 said:
I just bought a E60 525 japan spec listed by the saler as 2005. However I did a Vin check on the internet and it listed my car as June 2004 manufacturered. I asked the saler and the response it was manufactuered in 2004 June but only registered in Japan in 2005.

Is this the normal? Is my car going to be listed as 2005 ?

Your help/comments are greatly appreciated

12 views and no comments?? Help all sifus!!

Hi bro, please do an intro in the newbie section :D

From the seller point of view the car will hold better value if it states the registered year rather than the manufacturing year ...So this is normal lah part of the sales tactic. And yes your car is a 2004 model regardless what year it is registered. Fyi the calender start date of a manufacturing year is Sept onwards. On the plus side is that you could use that as a bargaining chip to lower down the price further :D

B33mEr;494486 said:
Hi bro, please do an intro in the newbie section :D

From the seller point of view the car will hold better value if it states the registered year rather than the manufacturing year ...So this is normal lah part of the sales tactic. And yes your car is a 2004 model regardless what year it is registered. Fyi the calender start date of a manufacturing year is Sept onwards. On the plus side is that you could use that as a bargaining chip to lower down the price further :D

I am paying 210k for it. Is this price fair for a fairly new Jap spec car? It has about 42k miles on it and no magnesium engine....

Comments appreciated

It will follow whatever is listed in the docs from Japan. So if the docs from Japan say it is manufactured 2005, it will be also be YM 2005 here in your JPJ card. Yes, this is normal

erudite;494527 said:
I am paying 210k for it. Is this price fair for a fairly new Jap spec car? It has about 42k miles on it and no magnesium engine....

Comments appreciated

My friend just bought a unregistered 525i Japan specs manufactured 2004 for RM185K.

chookleng;494538 said:
wa never know E60 got power boot!!

I think what it meant was that boot can open by itself. Though since it's done mainly with springs, can hardly call it "power boot". If it can close by itself, now that's power boot! :eek:

tats wat im referring! benz cls350 have tis power boot / vacumn door function so im rather impress tat E60 got power boot too!never know tis untill i saw tis thread

chookleng;495118 said:
tats wat im referring! benz cls350 have tis power boot / vacumn door function so im rather impress tat E60 got power boot too!never know tis untill i saw tis thread

The things ppl will say to sell a car :laugh:

Top Bottom