Help on suspension system

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

alxlye23

Club Guest
Hi all,Just gotten myself a e30 m40b18 with blisten black and eibach pro springs. The car still has the ori back drum breaks. When i gotten the car the back tyres were totally worn on the inside treads. Took the car to change new tyres and was told that the rear wheel alignment cannot be adjusted and that they are chambering out ( up to 3 degrees) because of the suspension setup.Would like to find out from all sifus if this is true and that what remedies can i take to rectify the chambering of the tyres. WOuld like to keep the life of the tyres longer.Thanks.

Either you swap back to stock springs or you use something like the KMACs camber adjusting kit to fix your rear camber.

Camber is to realign and chamber is to redecorate......:p

is it -3 or +3? -3 means you have very good rear end grip. yeah, go KMac!

everyone is wrong.....except wei li's chambers....

you rear bushes have to be changed
and possibly eibachs are the wrong rebound/dampening rate

that is all the info i will advise you , anymore deep technical info, i'm afraid i will have to charge a fee

Sorry ... its camber.

Anyway, i'm on 16" and on 195/50/16
The machine was displaying -2.7 degrees.

Wow the KMACs are really X !!! usd269!!

Are they available locally. Am planning to convert the rear to disc breaks. Would that help? Or even with the conversion, i still have to either use the KMACs or revert back to ori springs?

Thanks in advance.

..i dont tink chnging the rears to disc would affect the camber, you may stiil have opt for the KMACs or go for diiferent springs, eibach etc are available in different drop in height. the other alternative is to regularly rotate your tires so that ot wear evenly.
bro teejay, just checking - spring also have rebound & damping setting? i thought this was only for the absobers - i hpe this question no kena charge.....

na993;392891 said:
..i dont tink chnging the rears to disc would affect the camber, you may stiil have opt for the KMACs or go for diiferent springs, eibach etc are available in different drop in height. the other alternative is to regularly rotate your tires so that ot wear evenly.
bro teejay, just checking - spring also have rebound & damping setting? i thought this was only for the absobers - i hpe this question no kena charge.....

spring thickness, spring coil thickness, spring coil angles, spring heeight and length of the whole coil - different specs will have different dimensions- these factors contribute to different rebound and dampening rates - there is also the absorbers rates to match the springs......

Revert back to ori springs?

Hmmm .... interesting.

Maybe the best option , in these credit crunch / economical meltdown / crisis times, the best option would be to opt to change to ori springs. Ori springs and blisten blacks. Would this be more comfy vs handling i guess.
Thanks.

teejay;392897 said:
spring thickness, spring coil thickness, spring coil angles, spring heeight and length of the whole coil - different specs will have different dimensions- these factors contribute to different rebound and dampening rates - there is also the absorbers rates to match the springs......

Wow ... there's a whole science to this ... no wonder bro teejay want to charge for it. :top:
Cheers.

alxlye23;392907 said:
Wow ... there's a whole science to this ... no wonder bro teejay want to charge for it. :top:
Cheers.

Thats why R&D very costly... trial and error:listen:

teejay;392897 said:

I guess you rite there, just that we dont really get much choices here - unless special order..i remember reading about weight set ups also ie springs with hardness quoted in psi.... spose the easiest is to go for matched set of coils & absorbers or go for popular set ups - i thinks theres a thread stating the different set up forummers are running...

dibs on the 2nd hand eiback pro kit spring!!!
hahaha.......... only if hte price is right!

just out of curiousity , what can fit in an E30.. can 17" or 18" fit without hitting the arch ? what width tyres can fit? 225 ?

Top Bottom