Help..My engine could't Start...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

qutak

Club Guest
Frens..have u...experienced this..my car couldn't start again when i off the engine for a while and this thing alwiz happened after heavy used. (the engine was so hot..but the temp.meter still maintain normal). Am kind of confused man.. thought that was caused by coil plug. so, i change the thing and it's still making prob. Just to share if anybody experienced this kind of thing, what should i do with this..all sifus...i need help here..million thanks in advance...for any reply...

hi qutak,

your relay that supplies power to the spark plugs may be the culprit.

ask your mechanic to check and see if the plugs spark when you start the engine.

regards,

tailgate

damn....soryy to hear tht my friend.
mebbe its just due to the safe guard measures whereby the car wont start whn its running hot?i'm sure after 30mins ur able to drive off again kan?
hope its nothing serious my friend.

lama tak jumpa ye?comeby to showru this friday lah!
rgds,
-brad-

hahahaha...u r so rite brad...after bout 30 mins..my engine can start again...But hate that thing when happen...
sorry for not to show up at showru...mebbee this friday..i'll be joining the tt session..

tailgate-..thanx for ur info bro..

rgds..
qutak..

Originally posted by tyke@Oct 18 2005, 05:18 PM
mebbe its just due to the safe guard measures whereby the car wont start whn its running hot?
ha....safeguard measure?you're kidding right? :lol:

qutak,you mention kenot start as in no cranking or it cranks but won't fire?

if nil crank,i suggest you install an additional starter solenid in parallel.

if won't fire up,tailgate may be on to something there..........

:)

Seems like a problem similar to my E36

Car only start after switching off for about 30 mins or so. Happened so many times even after i changed to a new starter motor

Eventually my mech traced the problem and found was that the starter motor was not getting enough electric supply

my mech said it's a common problem with E36's

To rectify he made an added an additional wiring to the starter motor

Never had a problem since

Total cost RM35 :rofl:

Top Bottom