Help meee Im in love

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

neomaster_001

Club Guest
Hi All,Im quite new around here so plz lead me the way..Even though Ive been dirving my 318 babyblue for more than 6 yrs but I never keen to know more.All I know is fill the tank and drive, if anything comes I just send it to Mr Check at Bavian Benz..problem solved,so far...Now out of the blue Im fall in love again with Mr Macho E60,wondering around for the right one I just notice that theres a choices between local,japan n uk spec...wow...so mind sharing with me all about it plz...which one better n so...so..:wink:Thanx guys

i was told UK spec is best fit for our msia climate + road condition. though im on japan spec. u can try to search threads from here for E60 n u end urself up with lot of matter been discussed. good luck mate.

thanks bro,Im confused!Ive stayed in uk for more than 3yrs,as a student we got AP but they said (malaysian student) dont ever bring back bimmer coz its not suit with ur climate and their parts are diferrent from local so if prob occur it gonna cost alot (got to order) n time consuming, the other thing is 4 sure bimmer 2nd hand value is low.its just like been engraved in my head,so broken hearted I come home with Mr Benz c180 in mid 2001.
In 2003 I pursue with my dream,got myself my babyblue.Clear me out pls..
Btw am I the only rose among the thorn here...he...he

well im not too sure on tis mate. i ask my mechanic comparison between uk and japan spec, which 1 is more suitable to our climate. he told me uk spec fit msia condition well as japan design is very much different for our msia road condition. especially its gear box. well im not too sure as im all geek on tis. 1 thing for sure....be it japan or uk spec E60, u definetely wont be spare for its expensive service + maintenance. LOL

hi neo...gud luck for your hunt...fyi..mine is uk spec...juz owned it few months ago...till now the condition is superb...there are pro and con between this two spec..and choose the one suit u nicely...there is a thread bout do and dont for japan spec...but the most important...its a very gooood choice when u have one...cheers

UK climate would be similar to Japan no? In any, both country climate are definitely different from Malaysia's. In general, Jap spec cars are higher specced, at least, that's what I found out when I myself was looking. And Jap cars are generally used less so it's believable (but not necessarily true!) to get mileage of 10,000-15,000km for a 4 year car. UK cars would be around double or triple that mileage.

My advise is not to bother so much with UK or Jap spec. First, set the criteria what you want, then just take your time and find the right one. I spent months looking before the "right" one came along (i.e. the one that fit all my criteria). Among other things, I am one of the few Jap-spec cars with PDC :)

mine also come with PDC from japan spec, :). im lucky too perhaps. coz i don really know what to expect much for tat car and also don no much about what functions it got.

mine dun hv PDC.. :-( japan spec also.. actually from last year october till now,drive the machine around 7 months dy.. its an Ultimate Driving Experience haha

no wor.. no bluetooth n PDC.. planning install reverse camera.. bluetooth no idea wo.. u??

chookleng;423957 said:
mine also come with PDC from japan spec, :). im lucky too perhaps. coz i don really know what to expect much for tat car and also don no much about what functions it got.

Yeah, you got lucky too. I saw more than 30 cars in all and only 2 had PDC for Jap spec :rolleyes:

Well, simplest would probably be to open the fuel tank indicator or flip down the driver sunshade. If Jap, should have some instructions in Japanese.

errr.... check out if it has the AB sticker? :)

Not exactly sure since I didn't really look at many UK models when I was looking for a car. But what I did notice was that most often UK cars had less features than local/Jap ones. e.g. no HID, or rear sunshade

Hi dunno if this help but I just got my japan spec 525i..... been looking for it for few mths in penang n kl......

1st of all - advise i got from the pro, dun bother if japan or uk spec, shop around n u wil get brief idea of wat is available n wat you like. From there u will start knowing which spec suit u more. I choose Jap spec bcoz it has lower mileage n superior interior. Found that interior of uk spec not 100% and the sales told me gweilow not good at taking care of cars......

my own advice = buy end of 06 with new engine + push start button, dun go for the old engine as it is too old now.....

Top Bottom