help me !!! which one better - E46 320i or brand new toyota vios

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Roslan teo

Club Guest
hai all.. i want buy a car to wife. Could you all suggest which one better between 2nd hand BMW e46 320i compare to brand new toyota vios. but my wife like BMW. if compare to maintenance cost? which one higher.handling and comfort? which one better.please help me...:burnout:

if she likes a BMW then buy her one .... no need to compare here and there ....end of the day it's your pocket...

interms of maintainance .... ups and downs ....

handling and comfort ... so far never heard of any1 that's faced a back ache driving both type of cars ....

hope this help ya

buy what the wifey wants.......make her happy....and you'll be a happy man..... :wink:

Roslan teo;698245 said:
hai all.. i want buy a car to wife. Could you all suggest which one better between 2nd hand BMW e46 320i compare to brand new toyota vios. but my wife like BMW.

if compare to maintenance cost? which one higher.
handling and comfort? which one better.

please help me...

:burnout:

bro,
Seriously, by posting these questions in BMW Club website, do you honestly think the members will provide you any other answers than the obvious one :)?
Iceman 13 has provided a honest one here.
Try posting it in Vios Club website, then you will see what I mean?

If I were you, go for the new Vios, 101% no headaches, heartaches & "drama" for the next 3 years. Believe me, you will save lots of $$$ and time.

Jerman;698264 said:
bro,
Seriously, by posting these questions in BMW Club website, do you honestly think the members will provide you any other answers than the obvious one :)?

If I were you, go for the new Vios, 101% no headaches, heartaches & "drama" for the next 3 years. Believe me, you will save lots of $$$ and time.

sir jerman ..sure or not ...my company VIOS was not 101% bullet proof and broke down after just 3 days of daily drive ..ke ke ke

part and parcel of life these days .... car component makers are cutting cost and building cars than needs to be changed or traded before even the HP is paid in full ...

ICEMAN 13;698266 said:
sir jerman ..sure or not ...my company VIOS was not 101% bullet proof and broke down after just 3 days of daily drive ..ke ke ke

part and parcel of life these days .... car component makers are cutting cost and building cars than needs to be changed or traded before even the HP is paid in full ...

Iceman,
Your company Vios lemon or what? How many Vios have you seen broken down by the road side or kena tarik by tow truck compared with............oops?

p/s: just saw a F10 on a tow truck this morning :(

Jerman;698268 said:
Iceman,
Your company Vios lemon or what? How many Vios have you seen broken down by the road side or kena tarik by tow truck compared with............oops?

p/s: just saw a F10 on a tow truck this morning :(

donno larrr sir ..all brand new ones ...

well see ya later at AD ..yamseng time

My fren just bought vios J...after 1weeks, he unable to start the car due to alternator problem....i'm quite surprise because most of people said that toyota is durable car....pros of buying toyota vios: it is a new car.even though you have prob, u can just bring to service centre n claim warranty....pros of buying e46: stylish look, better handling, comfort n spacious compare to vios.....my personal opinion go for e46.....i'm driving e46 n honda civic FD, as to date i think the maintenance cost not much different... Maintenance for latest model jap car also quite high.....

Jerman;698264 said:
bro,

i agreed. unless she really know how to enjoy driving. (for most lady it makes no much difference between a BMW or a Jap, but of course they like the Status of the former, without realising the pain in taking care of them) but when she experience the Banyak Masuk workshop due to poor maintenance, she will starts jumping and complaining

Pre warn her if she insist on a used BMW, it is no joke got stranded in the middle of the road waiting for tow truck especially for lady.

fahmi757;698311 said:
My fren just bought vios J...after 1weeks, he unable to start the car due to alternator problem....i'm quite surprise because most of people said that toyota is durable car....pros of buying toyota vios: it is a new car.even though you have prob, u can just bring to service centre n claim warranty....pros of buying e46: stylish look, better handling, comfort n spacious compare to vios.....my personal opinion go for e46.....i'm driving e46 n honda civic FD, as to date i think the maintenance cost not much different... Maintenance for latest model jap car also quite high.....

All cars have defect. when we said Jap car are reliable does not mean it is bullet proof 100% problem free, just that the defect rate is very very low compared to BMW. remember with the volume of Vios on the road, one or two with minor problem is really negligible.

The maintenance between a brand new Vios and an used E46 can be A LOT of difference. i can say both keep for 5 years. total maintenance cost for 5 years for Vios would be in the region of RM3k-5k while E46 will be easily RM20k -30k, if not more if condition not so good.

Buy Vios for her.... No need to worry of many many things and years to come are relax and easy.... And get yourself M3.....

Definitely E46 - that is if you don't mind helping your missus to take care of the 'exciting' routine maintenance every now & then, plus considering having RM6-10k on standby for yearly medical costs.

I had the same dilemma as you several years back when deciding on an affordable daily car for my wife. Finally decided to buy a re-cond E46 for her and she had been driving it for the last 4-5 years (until a few months ago when she got hooked to the little Rabbit) without much hassle nor a single roadside breakdown.

E46 can be a really dependable daily car when it is well taken care of.

vios for cheaper maintainance and their warranty. if it were for you, then it would be the e46. have yet to meet a girl that likes taking her car to the workshop.

i should also add, i too had the choice between 2nd had BM and buying a new jap for thw wife, i went with the jap.

Vios ? drives like a boat driver seat is so small... like its designed for kids to drive zzz... go kart also more confortable.

Just get ur wife a bimmer and she will be happy :D

maintainence belakang cerita haha, drive 1st worry later :p

Top Bottom