Help! E30 glove compartment stuck!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Kurosaki

Club Guest
I need advice..I think the link that connects the glove box latching mechanism to the opening lever is broken. So when i pull on the lever, nothing happens. I can't open the glove compartment. Is there an easy way to open it? I need to open it and access it from the inside before I can replace the lever and latching mechanism.

bro...try this...where the lever is,there r 2 screws...try and undo the screws and c if u can remove it tht way?
i kena same thing b4 and i tried it...if i'm not mistaken it worked...
all the best...

Just checked it again..(yup, was too impatient to wait till it's bright, haha)..unfortunately the 2 screws are from the inside. So i only see the threads of the screws from the outside. Shucks.

oh...sorry bout the misinformation thn mate...i havnt had a glove compartment since it buggered up...just let skar have a look...he knws a thing or two bout solving problems...

Has that been done? I had it done by myself when mine got jamb with broken letch. Go from the back put in your fingers open down the hangers it will bring down the bottom and take out all the rubbish inside then easy to work and after all you need to change the knob, once it down you can take it out and open the knob and change the key set. The lock set if I am not wrong was hundred plus with key and without key are half the price. Remenber don't throw the key set as you can still use the centre key berrel set and use back your original key if not you end up carrying two keys. Good luck DIY simple as ABC.

Thanks skar19 and rezzy. I just managed to get the glove box open a moment ago. Got the detailed DIY instructions from BMWe30-Network.

If anyone else has the same problems, check out this link: http://www.bmwe30.net/cgi-bin/datacgi/database.cgi?file=articles&report=view&ID=00033&Section=00

Now i've got to go hunt for a new latch. I wonder if spare parts shops still carry this part. Don't want to take the risk with chop shop parts, especially if this latch has a tendency to fail.

Top Bottom