Help a noob day :)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Cixo-cixo

Hi Gurus,

First I must say I purposely signed up an account here hoping to gain some objective insights around the topic of BMW.

I've been looking around for a new car for almost a year now and the plan got stuck because of other priorities in life. Now it's the time to revisit this intent again.

I thought of an 316i F30, simply because of the pricetag. I'm a sucker for brand and looks. Some may say that I'm a wannabe running with the big guns, but I honestly just in love with BMWs design and brand.

I am looking for your thoughts regarding anything that you may think of for this model. Anything at all, some good, bad or simply the uglies ( if any ). Thanks so much in advance.

Good time to buy a new BMW, as the 5 years warranty has just been introduced.
F30 is a solid car, if you don't mind the fact that it is a base model with minimal equipment (But hey, at least it still has Xenon light!), it is a good buy for itss value.

But since the F30 LCI has recently been announced, may be worthwhile to wait a little bit longer for the 318i with the new engine.

Me on the other hand is contemplating to purchase a recond E46 330i. lol

thanks for helping a noob :)

so you would advise i wait a little longer for the 318i, saw its a little more expensive from the online review.

Since im no car enthusiast, i was wondering whats the main difference between the two models. other than the other one is a little more expensive :)

Well, we can't really tell much about what kind of equipment it will comes with as that is up to the BMW Malaysia to decide, but my guess is it will be the same if not better. But the biggest change would be the Engine.
The LCI 318i will be using a 3 cylinder engine that is supposedly more efficient than the current 316i and at the same time produces the same performance.

"The upcoming BMW 318i, replacing the 316i, will feature BMW’s newest 1.5 liter three-cylinder engine and will produce 136 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque. The 318i should get up 5.5 liters per 100km, which equates to around 42 mpg here in the states."

More info here http://www.bmwblog.com/2015/05/07/2015-bmw-3-series-lci-powertrains/

Thanks bro.. :67:

I was browsing online and I saw there are some really nice premium selection 316i's @ Quill PJ.

Its less by RM 20k from a totally new car and averaging at 4k KM usage.

Seems like a good deal if the warranty still covers 5Y / 100k KM. - Thats what the sales man said.

What do you guys think? Should i wait for the 318i ( assuming its going to be 210k )?

Or should i just go for the pre-owned 316i now? ( 20k difference is a lot for me - can go makan angin with this amount of moolah )

Cixo-cixo said:
Thanks bro.. :67:

I was browsing online and I saw there are some really nice premium selection 316i's @ Quill PJ.

Its less by RM 20k from a totally new car and averaging at 4k KM usage.

Seems like a good deal if the warranty still covers 5Y / 100k KM. - Thats what the sales man said.

What do you guys think? Should i wait for the 318i ( assuming its going to be 210k )?

Or should i just go for the pre-owned 316i now? ( 20k difference is a lot for me - can go makan angin with this amount of moolah )
If you are not really bothered by the LCI then I say go for it. If it is still under the 5 year unlimited warranty then it is worth it. But make sure it is the new 5 years unlimited warranty scheme and not the previous 2 years warranty + 3 years BSRI only.

Cixo-cixo said:
Wohoo..i finally picked up my 316i.

Thanks for your suggestion awyongcarl.
Gratz on your new ride! Please do share your experience and some pictures! :D

I am in the same boat now .... buy the 316i now for 185K or wait for 318i LCI to be launched end October est 220k from SA ?? Well new car no discount but corporate discount still applies 6% so est 208K for 318i LCI ?

I'm sure when LCI launch more discount for the non LCI models right ?

On another note, was thinking of selling of the RFT to non-RFT and can save some $ ? RFT ard 1.2k each normal tyre 500 ? Anyone wants to buy my RFT when I take delivery ??

It's best to consume the factory fitted RFT first before deciding to replace them with Non RFT comes refreshment cycle. why save few hundred bucks in lieu of safety on a RM200k ride?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get ready to mistakenly flip the wipers when you want to turn on the turn signals..hahahaha..(assuming switching from japanese makes)

Johnwade said:
That 'just got a new bimmer' feeling is awesome eh
I got a feeling.... Wohoooooo... im refraining not to take pictures of it in public because I stay in a condo. Afraid looking like a super noob who never seen an f30.

seelianglim said:
Get ready to mistakenly flip the wipers when you want to turn on the turn signals..hahahaha..(assuming switching from japanese makes)
Yes- I always do that. Very malu one at intersections weiiii...

Contender said:
I am in the same boat now .... buy the 316i now for 185K or wait for 318i LCI to be launched end October est 220k from SA ?? Well new car no discount but corporate discount still applies 6% so est 208K for 318i LCI ?

I'm sure when LCI launch more discount for the non LCI models right ?

On another note, was thinking of selling of the RFT to non-RFT and can save some $ ? RFT ard 1.2k each normal tyre 500 ? Anyone wants to buy my RFT when I take delivery ??
Really? Don't la sell... Keep it so when your tires worn off you can use it again - I guess.

^ mine is 700++ for the windscreen premium - it's a 320i but I think it should cost the same

Strongly recommend you to insure the windshield. Read from bimmerpost that the F30 and all the other variant has weak/soft windshield that chips easily.

Windscreen premium RM700++ so ex? You insure RM5k for your windscreen?
I have been insuring mine for RM3k for the past 4 yrs and claiming each year for chips without any additional top-ups.
Don't forget to get flood coverage, mightly important! premium is 0.5% on sum insured if not wrong.

I insured mine for around rm 700 as well for a SA of 6K.. and lo and behold, the windscreen developed a crack all by itself..cracckk...crackkkkkkkk....a long L shaped crack. Just had it fixed and you get the tinting replaced too.

John, best you check what is the cost of the windscreen, as no point insuring more than its worth.
possible that the F30 windscreen cost more than the E90?

Top Bottom