Help: 2001 525i Japan Model

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jjssw

Hi guys, really need some advice here...I'm about to confirm my first BMW purchase...a 2001 recond 525i, Japan specs. I have a couple of questions needing your knowledge, experience and wisdom:1) any "cons" in having a Japan model in Malaysia compared to, say, UK or local model? (e.g. air-cond problem, higher maintenance cost?)2) what are the main parts to ensure are in top condition (e.g. gear box, steering pump etc)?3) the dealer does not have the car manual / handbook. As such, I don't axactly know the specs of the car...how / where can I get a reference?4) I understanding getting an imported car has its risk, e.g. under-declaration of duty, unapproved specifications in Malaysia etc. I plan on insisting on seeing the custom clearance receipt and approval by puspakom. Anything else I should look out for?5) I was looking at a 2001 528i local model. Was put off due to the less-than-encouraging interior conditions. The road tax also doubles. Is there a big difference in performance (and also fuel consumption & maintenance) compared to 525i?6) Is it true that recond car (i.e. considered 1st hand) has higher re-sale value compared to local used car (i.e. considered 2nd hand)?Some of the features I know about the 525i Japan specs:- memory seat- GPS (no use here, but according to the dealer, can substiture with DVD)- sun roof- low mileage (anyway to check if any alteration been made?)- 17" rims- speaks japanese (happens that a warning on the rear lights during test drive...:( )- "upgraded" bumper and lights (angel eyes)Greatly appreciate your assistance!JS

helloo have u all registered for AD...its just 2 weeks away

Come to Ad and meet all the sifus they will gladly help u out...

Top Bottom