headlamps condensation

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gckain

Club Guest
Need to consult sifu here. My F30 head lamps had water condensation after driving a while in the rain. I sent to sc immediately and requested for warranty claim replacement. Two days later sc called and told me that the warranty claim had been rejected. When I demanded for repair to be done. They told me that it is normal as they had driven another F30 when rain and the condensation inside the headlamps appeared as well!!??Anyone experiencing the same thing or am I the only unlucky one?

whether there is any other F30 has this problem or not does not mean this is an acceptable. i think you shold complaint far far up

would appreciate if you could provide photo. i never really check mine but since u mentioned about this, have to watch out for this after driving in the rain.

gckain;n1325870 said:
Need to consult sifu here. My F30 head lamps had water condensation after driving a while in the rain. I sent to sc immediately and requested for warranty claim replacement. Two days later sc called and told me that the warranty claim had been rejected. When I demanded for repair to be done. They told me that it is normal as they had driven another F30 when rain and the condensation inside the headlamps appeared as well!!??Anyone experiencing the same thing or am I the only unlucky one?

Hi which SC did you go?

Hi, I have read about this problem in f30post website and found that this is normal and to be expected. There is a ventilation hole at the light housing that may allow condensation to form inside it if you drive in the rain. It has happened to my car after a long drive in heavy rain coming back from the east coast.

However, the condensation will eventually dissipate away through the ventilation hole with no harm or damage to the light housing. Apparently this is within the design of the light housing. I am not saying whether this is right or wrong, good or not, but just assume that the BMW engineers and designers probably had their own reasons for doing this .......

condensation will cause water spot on the plastic after dry up.I do agree that there is ventilation hole but should not cause obvious condensation that might cause short circuit .Don't think this is normal. Should have asked the SC to change.

Thanks for all the inputs. Like what Mushaini said the condensation dissipated after a while. rechecked the last drive after rain, did not find anymore condesation. Will keep close watch and report if happened again.

The ventilation hole is to let heat out if I am not mistaken and not for water vapour

Top Bottom