Hard top Vs. Soft Top

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

chookleng

Club Guest
Hi all, im here again needed advice from you all to help me to choose an idle car out of two choices tat daunted me here. you see i have a E200 (w211) currently and wanted to sell if off now for a trade in between E240 (w211) or CLK240 cabriolet. which one to go for? pros and cons between e240 and clk240 cabriolet?? please advice me as i love this two car...but don have tat much $$$$ to procure tis two baby, so have to only choose one out of this two beast. please give me valuable input here and every input effort will be highly appreciated. thx

ehhh no comment given? please post reply and feed me some idea about pros and cons on cabriolet, thx

From my experience driving a merc SL cabrio, some of the pros are: its very "flash" (good if you like to lansi =p), cooling at night when you drop down the top (helps dry your hair lepas mandi), and i never get tired of opening and closing the soft top. Haha. Some cons are: dangerous (rempits can easily steal stuff when you're driving wit the top down and idle), car is very flimsy during aggressive driving, the soft top is prone to malfunctioning if used regularly, rather noisy (you can hear ppl talking outside/ppl can hear you talking abt them even with the top down. Haha), can't drop the top if too hot/raining/traffic (fumes). Hope tht helps.

thx for the input bro. in terms of malfunction, how bout the maintenance tat would bill u in order to fix it? did ur cabriolet have problem often since u have to close and open it frequently?

Once my ex-E36 cabrio softtop was jammed midway in closing during a sudden downpour. Imagine driving desperately looking for the nearest petrol station with the top open like a crocodile mouth.

chookleng;378823 said:
thx for the input bro. in terms of malfunction, how bout the maintenance tat would bill u in order to fix it? did ur cabriolet have problem often since u have to close and open it frequently?

The cabriolet was my mom's, so I dont really know how much the bill was. But so far the soft top malfunction only happened once. Since then, I havnt been opening/closing it often.

Top Bottom