Hankook Tires

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i don't trust this Hancock tyre..he he he bang korean tyre, bring in korean babe :p

What about the KUMHO tyre? Any suggestions? Anyone using Bridgestone GIII? The price is RM400 for 225/45/17. OK or not?

Originally posted by Alvin@Dec 7 2004, 01:13 AM Dragon also less than 500 mar. I think that its better than Hankook but then again i havent tried the hankook b4
I know the Hankook Ventus Prime K105's compound has silica, whereas the Dragon is 100% rubber. Not sure if Dragon has rayon ply, but the Hankook has a mixture of rayon & nylon plies. Anyway, the sidewall of the Dragon should state if it has nylon or rayon ply. Rayon is lighter & stronger than nylon.Basically, the Dragon is positioned at the bottom end of the Pirelli range whereas the Ventus is positioned at the top of the Hankook range. It's like should I buy a low spec Mercedes C180 or a full spec Hyundai Sonata ???? :p

Originally posted by HAMMAN@Dec 9 2004, 01:04 PM What about the KUMHO tyre? Any suggestions? Anyone using Bridgestone GIII? The price is RM400 for 225/45/17. OK or not?
Switched from Michelins to Kumhos and quite happy with them so far. Not into performance tyres (205/55/16), but more for comfort and noise bias, the Kumhos seems to be quite good (for the past 4 mos), they had good reviews in the tirerack feedback. Very quiet and wet handling quite ok (no aquaplaning incidents yet). Previously on mxv3a.Like al's dacing (1 bibendum=2 korean mui). Since I don't push the performance envelope, its the opportunity cost. Will try Hankook the next time around.cheers.

I have tried the Kumho Ecsta Supra which is supposed to be their top of the line model. And now the Ventus K105, which even has 50% rayon material, which normally only available for tires costing double the price. I find the Ventus to be quieter (Kumho is already good) and I get plenty of steering meaning that I find turning the car around to be easier. Not sure bout the grips yet (will try maybe during a convoy kekeke) but wet grip seems reasonable so far. This is probably due to the thread pattern which look similar to Michelin's Pilot Sport 1 (not 2) or Premacy. The Kumho has a deep channel in the middle, this probably helps on the wet surface but also contribute to a slightly higher road noise.My 2 cents.Al

MIne is 235/45/17. 425/piece with Alignment and balancing. I think his cost price is about 390 or 400 if I remember correctly. So far so good! Did some wet driving the last couple of days, and I must its pretty good in the wet.

Hi just got my e46 325 & recently got 2 pcs used Toyo TR1 235/40/18 and 2pcs 275/35/18 used 75% tread year 2008 RM 600/= at Honest Joe's

Rusty Blade;545723 said:
Hi just got my e46 325 & recently got 2 pcs used Toyo TR1 235/40/18 and 2pcs 275/35/18 used 75% tread year 2008 RM 600/= at Honest Joe's

Bro,

1) Thread is almost 6 years old.
2) Welcome to BMWCM Forum.
3) Kindly intro at Newbies section
4) Do sign up as Official Member if possible (lots of fun & gift)
5) Congrat on yr new ride

initialM;545726 said:
Bro,

1) Thread is almost 6 years old.
2) Welcome to BMWCM Forum.
3) Kindly intro at Newbies section
4) Do sign up as Official Member if possible (lots of fun & gift)
5) Congrat on yr new ride

Wah lau eh... Bro IM so the sharp one on a Sunday morning!

Selamat siang Pak IM.

I am still groggy and still in bed liao...

BlackCat;545740 said:
Wah lau eh... Bro IM so the sharp one on a Sunday morning!

Selamat siang Pak IM.

I am still groggy and still in bed liao...

Selamat Sore Pak.

Top Bottom