H&R Springs Vs KW V3

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

xero200

Club Guest
Anyone lowered their F10 with either H&R Springs or the KW V3? I know most owners of F10 are looking at comfort and would not do much to their ride, but I'd like to hear the opinions of those who's done it. Thanks!

Hmmm...that's a good question Paul! From what I've been reading from the F10 forum, it seems a number of F10 owners have either gone H&R (majority cause it's cheaper too) or KWV3. I'm not sure about the compatibility part! I did hear from the local guys that they've done F10 for H&R...

Did you guys get any feed back for the above? I'm looking to get the car lowered a little to take the "I'm a wannabe 4wd" gap in between the tires and the fender.

I'm on Eibach ProKit and after a month on them, they've been FANTASTIC! They are a tad softer than H&R springs, and I suspect very close to RD Springs (not sold anywhere here). As for KWV3s...they are the ultimate but since my intentions are not tracking, they would not be fully utilized...

xero200;648056 said:
I'm on Eibach ProKit and after a month on them, they've been FANTASTIC! They are a tad softer than H&R springs, and I suspect very close to RD Springs (not sold anywhere here). As for KWV3s...they are the ultimate but since my intentions are not tracking, they would not be fully utilized...

Mana beli bro ? How much and how long did it take them to install it? I'm gonna try and get all these done within the next 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully for sh*ts and giggles, put the front lip on as well.

holdbreaker;648059 said:
Mana beli bro ? How much and how long did it take them to install it? I'm gonna try and get all these done within the next 2 to 3 weeks. Hopefully for sh*ts and giggles, put the front lip on as well.

Did the rims together with the eibach prokit at Hup Shun Sunway. The eibach prokit for F10's about RM 1200. H&R about the same price but the drop is more significant.

xero200;648063 said:
Did the rims together with the eibach prokit at Hup Shun Sunway. The eibach prokit for F10's about RM 1200. H&R about the same price but the drop is more significant.

no la...where i work, cannot drop the car too much, else i will be nursing my undercarriage after awhile. How long did it take for them to install the springs? May get that done first this weekend.

Overseas forum seem to give RD springs the best review, as RD springs have specific model for the models with variable dampers

paultantk;648073 said:
Overseas forum seem to give RD springs the best review, as RD springs have specific model for the models with variable dampers

Thanks...so far as much as I've seen are reviews on H&R and Eibach. But the more I read, I will put off the lowering until I'm out of warranty. Then I will change the shocks and the springs at the same time.

Apparently all the other spring makers use the same spring for both normal and variable suspension but only RD has the different model.

paultantk;648086 said:
Apparently all the other spring makers use the same spring for both normal and variable suspension but only RD has the different model.

Where to get in Msia?

xero200;648063 said:

Pictures, pictures pls!!

paultantk;648073 said:

...guess I need to learn more abt this spring things ....:4: ....keep it coming guys :top:

Calvin Tan;648213 said:
Bro, thanks for the recommendation.
Our H&R stock for F10 will arrive in 2 weeks time.

Bro, what are your thoughts on the suspension set up whereby only the springs are changed and the shocks not, how will this affect the durability and life of the standard shock?

I think if you have family, H&R will be a shade too hard for them. I've read in some forums that aftermarket springs will last a good 2-3 years before you need to change them together with the absorbers....I'm thinking I'll use the Eibachs for a good 3 years and switch to KWV3! I saw some pics of a F11 from Thailand with a really nice KWV3 setup....

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530198

xero200;648991 said:
I think if you have family, H&R will be a shade too hard for them. I've read in some forums that aftermarket springs will last a good 2-3 years before you need to change them together with the absorbers....I'm thinking I'll use the Eibachs for a good 3 years and switch to KWV3! I saw some pics of a F11 from Thailand with a really nice KWV3 setup....

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=530198

Thanks buddy....I got a nice big grin on my face today :)

Top Bottom