Got myself a 325 Sport

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

peanut

Club Guest
I have just put down a deposit for a 325 Sport - Monaco Blue. I was very tempted to get the used 330i Artic (year 2006) or the 525 Sport (as my current ride if 528i E39). 525 Sport is yummy but I am not willing to commit too much to a car!At the end, I am settling for the 325i Sport. I have seen a lot of silver and SG and some black but the Monaco Blue is not very common. Am I right?

Yes you are right!

Congrats to your 325 Sports Monaco Blue! Enjoy!

Yeah, congrats! Do add your name in our growing E90 list and join us for our activities! BTW, when are you getting your car?

Just curious why Monaco Blue is not as popular? The Monaco Blue 325 looks almost black in door (e.g. in the showroom). But outdoor it is a very dark blue. I went back to the website and BMW Accessories Configurator to look and the color is much lighter than real life. Well, may be it is just the monitor display calibration issue.

I should get the car before Raya. Now I am thinking that I defintely want to change the rear lights to blacklines and AB is selling at RM1400+. I understand that outside price is around RM1000-RM1200? Other than that, the package is almost complete - may be the front apron and the rear boot lid are other possible candidates.

It's up to personal choice and be glad that you chose what you like, and no one can fault you for that. The problem with choosing something that's agreeable with everyone is it becomes too common. I live in the Mont Kiara / Sri Hartamas area which I think has the highest density of E90s in Malaysia. I see so many Sparkling Graphite till I'm sick of it (no offense, heh!.. I know E46F sure call to kutuk one!). I think your Monaco Blue would stand out in the crowd. Yet again, Traveler already has one, hah! But no one here got Arctic rite?!! Heh! (Sorry-ah, just trying to make myself feel good in light of some comments that the Arctic looks girlie or geely!)

Juan Powerblow;250555 said:
It's up to personal choice and be glad that you chose what you like, and no one can fault you for that. The problem with choosing something that's agreeable with everyone is it becomes too common. I live in the Mont Kiara / Sri Hartamas area which I think has the highest density of E90s in Malaysia. I see so many Sparkling Graphite till I'm sick of it (no offense, heh!.. I know E46F sure call to kutuk one!). I think your Monaco Blue would stand out in the crowd. Yet again, Traveler already has one, hah! But no one here got Arctic rite?!! Heh! (Sorry-ah, just trying to make myself feel good in light of some comments that the Arctic looks girlie or geely!)

Back to your question, I've asked around on Monaco Blue and the comments I got ranges from this colour being easy to get dirty and hard to clean or sparkle. Then, some have said it looks just like black at night but not quite blue in the day, so might as well just get black. There are also some who subscribe to the theory that dark coloured cars are harder to spot at night, so more prone to being bumped into. I think a well-maintained, gloss treated Monaco Blue will stand out nicely, even more than Black or SG or sadly, even my Arctic i.e. no matter how much I wax, it still looks.... pale!

Did you get a good on your purchase? I recall you mentioning something about pre reg cars.

Juan Powerblow;250558 said:
Back to your question, I've asked around on Monaco Blue and the comments I got ranges from this colour being easy to get dirty and hard to clean or sparkle. Then, some have said it looks just like black at night but not quite blue in the day, so might as well just get black. There are also some who subscribe to the theory that dark coloured cars are harder to spot at night, so more prone to being bumped into. I think a well-maintained, gloss treated Monaco Blue will stand out nicely, even more than Black or SG or sadly, even my Arctic i.e. no matter how much I wax, it still looks.... pale!

JPB, thanks! Blue is my favorite color so I will stick with Monaco Blue. Actually, the part that I like Monaco Blue is that the color seems to change depending on the light as compared to Black. Black is just black regardless. That said, Black would be my second choice as silver and SG are just too common.

This is unless I ended up with the 330i (still some last minute negotiations with AB) with Artic. call me color blind but the Artic seems to be more silver than Titan Silver?

peanut;250568 said:
JPB, thanks! Blue is my favorite color so I will stick with Monaco Blue. Actually, the part that I like Monaco Blue is that the color seems to change depending on the light as compared to Black. Black is just black regardless. That said, Black would be my second choice as silver and SG are just too common.

This is unless I ended up with the 330i (still some last minute negotiations with AB) with Artic. call me color blind but the Artic seems to be more silver than Titan Silver?

get the monaco blue...its a lovely colour and i love it..

Congrats for getting the 325 sports peanuts. It's definitely a good choice and Monaco Blue is also a nice color and will stand out from all the SG/Black/Tiag E90s

Congrats on your new car, and great choice of colour by the way - great minds think alike, hehe!

My favourite colour was dark blue, hence my selection of Monaco Blue for my car. And I don't see many Monaco Blues around, mostly Black, Silver and SG.

It does seem easier to get dirty (actually I would say its easier to appear dirty, as opposed to other colours), when I compare it with my previous E36's Ocean Green. So I usually wash it every other week. But using Turtle Wax's ICE to polish it, it ends up really glossy and shiny. My gf's car is a dark silver Toyota, also new, and using ICE, it wasn't as glossy/shiny. I suppose it's the dark colours that really shows the gloss when you polish it, but the light colours (esp. silver) look cleaner for longer (coz it's harder to see the dust).

JPB, so what is considered a good price for May 06 330i? 300k, 310k or 315k? :listen:

Monaco Blue is a nice color, although I prefer black as it makes a stronger statement and is a more definitive color. As mentioned too many blacks and SGs on the E90 while Monaco Blue is a little rarer.

Well a few months ago, JPB and myself was at AB Segambut and they had a SG E90 330i opening price RM300k (pre-reg mildly used). Can use that as a base and haggle. The SG 330i unit has since been snapped up, but I hear arctic color moves slower and you may get a better deal on the Arctic one at Glenmarie. Last I checked, it had ~10k kms and the front tyres were hangus dy.

E46Fanatic;250818 said:
Well a few months ago, JPB and myself was at AB Segambut and they had a SG E90 330i opening price RM300k (pre-reg mildly used). Can use that as a base and haggle. The SG 330i unit has since been snapped up, but I hear arctic color moves slower and you may get a better deal on the Arctic one at Glenmarie. Last I checked, it had ~10k kms and the front tyres were hangus dy.

I believe the 330i in AB Segambut was the 2005 model. The one at Glenmarie is 2006 model. I must say that that the unit is parked in less than desirable place where it was dusty and I see some very minor problems with the paint. The mileage is 12,000.

I am going over tomorrow to finalize everything as my loan was approved.

My head says 325i Sports (full warranty and service, lower road tax, decent power, my color, M-bodykit, etc.). My heart says 330i (rarer, POWER!)

I think most probably I am going with my head this time.

Great choice peanut! Looks like we have another E90 in da house :top:
Do add yourself to the E90 registry when you have received your car

Btw i think we have about 9 Monaco Blue E90s in the forums, but most of them are not active forumers...

Just tried the 330i today again and I am confirmed taking the 325i Sport. I found the 330i is so creamy smooth with power delivery that is addictive. It is just so effortless in delivering its 258 hp! The flip side is that it has no M-aerodynamic body kit, no navigation system, higher road tax and harder to sell should I decided to upgrade back to 5 series 3 or 4 years later :burnout:

Top Bottom