getting a e39 soon

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
the brain is working overtime but justify 530 and will keep a lookout for 530. As you guys were saying, 530 is a bit rare though there was one in Perak (mudah) few weeks back that looks good. Asking close to 100k though.
although power in the 2.2 is not all that bad, its the sound of the fan before it moves really kills the joy. the sound make it feel underpower.

haywire;627203 said:
Haiya got quite a few la. Me, harbhajan, realred, he-whose-name-cannot-be-mentioned, and sometimes see on the roads too. Most were 530i SE though, not many M-sport.

Serious ka... All this while hardly spot any. Hehe, even E39 M5 never seen before, only know our ex-VP got one. :p

ABCowner;627257 said:
although power in the 2.2 is not all that bad, its the sound of the fan before it moves really kills the joy. the sound make it feel underpower.

bro,
Power is relative........... and it's never enough anyway. The 2.2 litre M54 engine is adequate for most driving conditions. Fan sound? It should not be there? Try changing the fan clutch (estimated cost RM 250).

Jerman;627259 said:
bro,
Power is relative........... and it's never enough anyway. The 2.2 litre M54 engine is adequate for most driving conditions. Fan sound? It should not be there? Try changing the fan clutch (estimated cost RM 250).

M54B22 has been adequately powered for me for 2 good years until I thirst for more and swap it with a B25. I didn't go straight to B30 for two reasons:

1. couldn't find nor afford its hefty price at this moment
2. leave some space for future upgrade

Cheers.
seewai

the 530 from perak is on mudah yesterday. anyone checked out the car already?

bro jerman, the power on the 2.2 is adequate. having a 2.5 is nicer and having the 3.0 would satisfy the devil in you. I always thought bigger engine is more expensive to maintain but have gathered its not entirely true. If that is the case, what the hell, make the devil happy.

anyway, its a nice thought for now unless some nice 530 from the members here is for sale.. haywire - your car seem nice.

ABCowner;627373 said:
the 530 from perak is on mudah yesterday. anyone checked out the car already?

bro jerman, the power on the 2.2 is adequate. having a 2.5 is nicer and having the 3.0 would satisfy the devil in you. I always thought bigger engine is more expensive to maintain but have gathered its not entirely true. If that is the case, what the hell, make the devil happy.

In your opening post, you asked for advice and lot of sifus advised and/or caution you about M54B22. To push forward this 1.8 ton e39 beast, you need at least a B25.

don't get me wrong, the 160++ horses on is sufficient for most of the time so not really a big issue. all these thoughts I'm sharing here is the devil's work. this car was really meant for my folks to get around and hence my decision to buy only 2.2. They're not really in a hurry to go anywhere.
I'm just wondering if 530 is lot more fun for the same money and I wouldn't mind to trade in my 4 rings for it. its a backside itchy problem.

Jerman;627259 said:
bro,
Bros, we all know that apart from the delivery of the M54 (being an inline six, smooth) what makes the E39 such a good ride is the stiffness of its chassis ( given that it vibrates at a higher frequency, that's why you can't feel the engine and drivetrain, or pretty much anything else) which is the same from the 520 upto the 530. Given the wayy higher output and torque of a 530i, could it mean a more rapid rate of wear of its chassis and suspension? Or does it hardly?

Sorry fellas, sounded like a noob Q, even when I read my own post :) oh well... Who else to discuss these things but with the big guns? Didn't see this in my other source...the equally good Bimmerfest. But BMWCM of course better la :)

redlotus;627441 said:
Sorry fellas, sounded like a noob Q, even when I read my own post :) oh well... Who else to discuss these things but with the big guns? Didn't see this in my other source...the equally good Bimmerfest. But BMWCM of course better la :)

redlotus;627440 said:
Bros, we all know that apart from the delivery of the M54 (being an inline six, smooth) what makes the E39 such a good ride is the stiffness of its chassis ( given that it vibrates at a higher frequency, that's why you can't feel the engine and drivetrain, or pretty much anything else) which is the same from the 520 upto the 530. Given the wayy higher output and torque of a 530i, could it mean a more rapid rate of wear of its chassis and suspension? Or does it hardly?

I am totally confused....

Whether 520, 525 or 530, the chassis is the same across these ranges. Thus can higher torque cause quicker weakening or wear to the chassis/suspension compared to a lower one? But logically a fair amount of it has to do with ones' driving style I suppose....

Is there something wrong with this thread? It shows a 6th page but I couldn't seem to view that page...posting this to test.

Edit: Ok now I can see bro redlotus' thread, funny :106:

seewai;627749 said:
Is there something wrong with this thread? It shows a 6th page but I couldn't seem to view that page...posting this to test.

Edit: Ok now I can see bro redlotus' thread, funny :106:
Haha! Yeah bro it really is confusing ! But if you think abt.... No wait bro seewai don't!

Top Bottom