Gear leaver leather boot. Just want to share.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kgb

Club Guest
I got kinda annoyed having two huge holes on my gear lever PVC boot. So, i went to my local spare part shop and asked for quotation. Replacement PVC boot would have set me back RM140-160 :stupid: Well, i was not prepared to pay that much for same crap. So decided to check out ebay. Happen to find one for GBP3.99 shipping came to 4.99. Total GBP 9!!!!They've claimed that the boot is 100% leather (bull&hit, i though). But anwyays, since it was cheaper, i've decided to take the plunge and buy it. Look what i've received two weeks later in my mailbox:
Denis0162.jpg
that is what I've found inside the envelope....
Denis0164.jpg
that is what it looks like once mounted on the plastic base...
Denis0165.jpg
my old unit...
Denis0163.jpg
BTW, although i am no expert in this things, but visual examination reviled that item is actually made out of 100% leather and is very well made. Anyways, just something to share with everyone, yet another way to get better value at fraction of the cost.

Ebay is a great place for cheap buys. A friend recently snapped up a M3 gearbox for E36 at a bargain price!

There's some honest sellers there who give great prices and very reasonable shipping.

Anyway congrats on the great find for the leather boot. :)

Looks like you got it from Topgaiters.

Bought mine from them, cheaper than stitching it here. One set, Leather Gear and E-Brake Gaiters with M Stitching like so:

gaiter.jpg

Lovely stuff! :top:

berserkdroid;549086 said:
Looks like you got it from Topgaiters.

Bought mine from them, cheaper than stitching it here. One set, Leather Gear and E-Brake Gaiters with M Stitching like so:

gaiter.jpg

Lovely stuff! :top:

mine also just recieved from ebay...same like berserkdroid with M stictching...:rolleyes:...total damages not more than RM50 :eek:

Yes I changed mine too. The only thing was, since the original gaiters were pvc they were quite thin, and fit nicely underneath the plastic brackets. Had to use glue and some mods to fit mine. Anyhow, looks much better than the original pvc

Sorry it sound silly, but could someone teach me how to buy things thru ebay?

anakin;549134 said:

just give me your credit card details and i'll kautim everything for you :top:

Just register like you register for email address, surrender your credit card details and shop till you drop. Just keep pressing BUY! BUY! BUY!

kgb;549164 said:
Just register like you register for email address, surrender your credit card details and shop till you drop. Just keep pressing BUY! BUY! BUY!

Exactly. Some fine stuff on eBay at low prices, got most of my stuff there, for example - MTech rear view mirror (brand new), 13-Button OBC full set (used), MTech illuminated gearknob (brand new), Cruise control (used), etc etc

LOVE IT! :D

bro kgb..perhaps you can help me source for one as well..am looking to replace mine for a long time already haha.

anakin;549134 said:

The guy you had dinner with yesterday is the king of ebay purchase.. Paypal kaya gila pasal dia haha :eek:

badrul880;549240 said:
The guy you had dinner with yesterday is the king of ebay purchase.. Paypal kaya gila pasal dia haha :eek:

Ehhh ye tak ye...apsal boleh lupa pasal dia ek..? Btw isit safe to expose our credit card's detail..?

cool stuff..

im this is the time to DIY the same with leather left at home. :)
let see how's the outcome. ;)

jumpman;549229 said:
bro kgb..perhaps you can help me source for one as well..am looking to replace mine for a long time already haha.

why not you try ebay first, and if you couldn't find it within 20 seconds, do let me know. :wink:

New boot is rather beefier and fits right in, excellent buy!!! BTW, that is what it looks like installed.

Denis0166.jpg

Wow..looking good there! I have no experience buying from ebay and all that so im not too sure on the details. Would appreciate it if you could help me source =)

pussy;549751 said:
KGB, you park your car in gear ?

yes i am. Why not? Are they any known issue for e30 if its parked in gear? :eek:

Thanks.

p.s. Am used to doing this on my suzuki Jimny, which would roll otherwise heheheh

jumpman;549772 said:
Wow..looking good there! I have no experience buying from ebay and all that so im not too sure on the details. Would appreciate it if you could help me source =)

bro, if you want, i can order another unit on your behalf. Although i am not asking for deposit or anything, if you confirm the purchase, pls, make sure it is as good as gold.

In this case, why not make a group purchase? Not sure if we can save on shipping or not, but sure worth a try.

kgb;549777 said:
yes i am. Why not? Are they any known issue for e30 if its parked in gear? :eek:

Thanks.

p.s. Am used to doing this on my suzuki Jimny, which would roll otherwise heheheh

no, real issues, it's just 'you are a bit oskool of way' in those days everyone parks their cars in gear, nowdays, seldom i see..oh, you use the handbrake too ?

i only park' in gear when it's a steep slope..:wink: can't trust the handbrake..

pussy;549789 said:
no, real issues, it's just 'you are a bit oskool of way' in those days everyone parks their cars in gear, nowdays, seldom i see..oh, you use the handbrake too ?

i only park' in gear when it's a steep slope..:wink: can't trust the handbrake..

i always park in gear, even when my car was on its side, this one time, i also put it into gear :stupid:

I am an old fart if you must know, can call me unkel.

kgb;549790 said:
i always park in gear, even when my car was on its side, this one time, i also put it into gear :stupid:

I am an old fart if you must know, can call me unkel.

but not look like unker la... :wink:

Top Bottom