Gas Gasoline prefer for E34/MT/91

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

maxion89

Club Guest
Hello guys, I was wondering which gas gasoline better for this E34? What I want to know is, the saving of the fuel. Or its all the same? Now im using Esso fuel 95, but I still think the car use to much of fuel, I always fueling RM20 and it wont last long maybe around 50+km there already pop out the fuel min sign. Anyone know other way to save the fuel? Please help me with this. Thank You.

Correct me if I am wrong.

My opinion is RON95 or 97 will not make much of a difference in fuel consumption. For a manual E34, your fuel consumpsion is on the high side. What engine are you running? M20? M50?

My car is a 1994 E34 with M50B25 auto (non vanos) and I am getting 450km with RM130 RON95 (pure city driving in PJ/KL)

Your case could caused by many factors. I am not sure if you have already get your car checked by your mech. Things to check for is:
1. Idling valve --> If this is clogged up or dirty, it will affect a bit on the consumption.
2. o2 sensor --> if it is faulty, this will contribute on bad consumption.
3. Air Mask sensor faulty could also cause bad consumption.
4. Removal of catalytic converter will affect fuel consumption.
5. Check spark plugs and air filter's condition.
6. Run a full diagnostic to see if there is any fault code.

Thats what I can think of. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Lets here from other bros' opinion too.

julianpang;697691 said:
Correct me if I am wrong.

My opinion is RON95 or 97 will not make much of a difference in fuel consumption. For a manual E34, your fuel consumpsion is on the high side. What engine are you running? M20? M50?

My car is a 1994 E34 with M50B25 auto (non vanos) and I am getting 450km with RM130 RON95 (pure city driving in PJ/KL)

Your case could caused by many factors. I am not sure if you have already get your car checked by your mech. Things to check for is:
1. Idling valve --> If this is clogged up or dirty, it will affect a bit on the consumption.
2. o2 sensor --> if it is faulty, this will contribute on bad consumption.
3. Air Mask sensor faulty could also cause bad consumption.
4. Removal of catalytic converter will affect fuel consumption.
5. Check spark plugs and air filter's condition.
6. Run a full diagnostic to see if there is any fault code.

Thats what I can think of. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Lets here from other bros' opinion too.

My engine is M50B20, thank you very much for the detail. That mean it is normal for my car use lot of fuel because of the engine need more power? And it is manual, sure will use lot of fuel than auto right? Then I should check your list that might cause the car use lot of fuel. And other thing is, E34 got hybrid system right? What i mean is, while the car stopping it will not pump fuel is it? Bcoz while I stop for a while i could feel the Air cond not cold,so need to press fuel pedal the the aircond turn normal temp. So E34 should save fuel if the car got the hybrid system. Correct me if im wrong.

Your car should have better fuel consumption than my car.

Manual cars will always have better fuel economy than auto cars.

julianpang;697718 said:
Your car should have better fuel consumption than my car.

Manual cars will always have better fuel economy than auto cars.

oh icic, coz i tough auto is save bcoz of no need to change gear to much, not like manual.

maxion89;697715 said:
And other thing is, E34 got hybrid system right? What i mean is, while the car stopping it will not pump fuel is it? Bcoz while I stop for a while i could feel the Air cond not cold,so need to press fuel pedal the the aircond turn normal temp. So E34 should save fuel if the car got the hybrid system. Correct me if im wrong.

check your air-cond compressor..it's about time to replace it

maxion89,

Speaking of your aircon not cold.

1. You might need to check if your aux fan is working when the aircon is switched on. Try to do this test and check when the car is cold (says first start in the morning) so that the aux fan is not controlled by the radiator temperature. Start the car then switch on the aircon, go to the car front end and check if the aux fan is running under low speed. If yes, it is OK. If not,
1a. Check the fuses, they might have blown;
1b. If all fuses are OK. It might be the aux fan low speed relay faulty. (The yellow one with five pins in the aux fan relay box)

2. Check if the aircon gas is adequate. (Usually done bu outside mechanics)

All the best to you.

Top Bottom