Garmin Nuvi

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.

nazrie

Club Guest
I am buying the Garmin Nuvi 765 . My personal opinion , this is the most value for money for the features it has. So , I am thinking if we have enough numbers we can get a better price and/or more maps installed in it. So far the cheapest i was quoted is RM970. If we have the numbers , I will ask for cheaper price and/or install Malaysia , Singapore , Brunei , Thailand , Indonesia , Australia , New Zealand , China , Japan , Europe n UK , USA, Middle East and whatever other maps they have lah.. basically I want these maps but maps are expensive. Previously, I have bought the USA map for RM200..just for one map!! Then I bought the Europe map for another RM200.. . So, hoping to get 'em free or cheaper and benefit all of us.. I wish I had thought of this earlier..I ll be going to Europe in June . So, I plan to get it by maybe 25th May 2010(so that can distribute to u guys before I go). Some of the features :- junction view - 3-D building view (displays buildings in 3-D)- Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route)- Bluetooth wireless technology with A2DP technology (pair with phone and use as handsfree)- Garmin Locate (marks GPS position when removed from windshield mount so that u can locate where u parked your car earlier)- MP3 player- Audio book player- FM transmitter (can hear thru car audio system)- Headphone jack/audio line-out ( so , if your UDM got AUX , u can hear thru your car audio..better than FM transmitter..but still , u have both options)So, come on guys..whomever needs GPS..even if u want another model of the Garmin Nuvi series.. put you name here N the model u want..https://buy.garmin.com/shop/compare.do?cID=134&compareProduct=37706&compareProduct=14926&compareProduct=14933 https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=149261- NazriE - GN 7652-

Good idea, but how to push the dealer for discounts and free map at the same time? I believe with numbers, we can. I also think that it is crucial to have warranty.

1- NazriE - GN 765
2- John_Smith - Nuvi 205 (preferably if can pre-load with OZ map)

ur other post state $550 for 255. and add $200 for 765 ie wd the cost be $750 for 765 model?

John_Smith;522611 said:
Good idea, but how to push the dealer for discounts and free map at the same time? I believe with numbers, we can. I also think that it is crucial to have warranty.

1- NazriE - GN 765
2- John_Smith - Nuvi 205 (preferably if can pre-load with OZ map)

1- NazriE - GN 765
2- John_Smith - Nuvi 205 (preferably if can pre-load with OZ map)[/
3- dzuljazz2001 - GN 765 (preferably a group buy :biggrin:)

bro... found this in mudah.my Just incase you be interested

http://www.mudah.my/NEW+Garmin+Nuvi+765+GPS+navigator-5422848.htm

RM950

We are registered company (SA0099555-T)
- 12 Months warranty with 1 to 1 exchange
- Preloaded with 10 countries map (Malaysia, Thai,Indon, Sg, Brunei & Vietnam etc)
- Stocks direct from Garmin distributor(100% original set)

What's in the box :
- Garmin Nuvi GPS
- Vehicle suction cup mount
- Vehicle power cable
- Dashboard disc
- Set up and go user guide

*FREE GARMIN carrying case & screen protector*

Credit card accepted

Trade method :(012-5359200)
Kindly contact me to arrange delivery

thanx geoff and guys the update is i already got a quote for RM930 and with 25 maps :) with a purrchase of 5 units and above. He said he cant go any lower as his margin is small. okaylah I guess coz on garmin's website it is selling for $300 plus he's throwing in the 25 maps... Warranty 1 year , 1 to 1 exchange on manufacturer's defect. He said 205 is discontinued but replaced by Nuvi 1250 which is RM500. So, who else wants, sign up please. Bash, i meant add RM200 from Nuvi 1350's price of RM750 ..so becomes RM950, but now got it for RM930 lah..

for malaysia, i just use malfreemaps. updated every week and FOC.... :D

I looking for 1 too. 765 i can only get at RM1,050. So if it RM930, its a good deal. Make sure it's Malaysian model. The barcode will show "MS" or something to ensure compatibility with local maps.

1250 (205 replacement) I can only get RM590, so RM500 is a good deal. I also heard in Mine Shopping Mall, the 255w is selling at RM500, but I can only get it at RM690. That's why I until now still dunno what to buy.. :(

My personal opinion is I only need the minimal GPS function. No need MP3, no need 3D, no need junction view, no need wide screen, no need Bluetooth, just show me the way or at least show me where I am and where's the destination. Can support free Malaysian map updates, kao tim.. the rest of the features, 99% of the time not used by me.

Count me in for the 1250 if its RM500 or less, must be Malaysian compliant set so I can update local free map, local 1 year warranty.

yep, it is a malaysian market model, comes pre installed with Malaysia, Singapore , Brunei and Thailand maps and as per requests. can update the maps with malfreemaps. The rest can update thru his own website which he will give upon purchase. U can fill in the maps u want up to 25 maps. Australia, europe , USA etc.. So,please put your name in the list with which model please. Thanx. He says local warranty. Can either go to garmin or back to him for warranty under manufacturer's defects.

nazrie;523496 said:
...malaysian market model
...pre installed with Malaysia, Singapore , Brunei and Thailand maps and as per requests.
...can update the maps with malfreemaps. The rest can update thru his own website which he will give upon purchase.
...can fill in the maps u want up to 25 maps. Australia, europe , USA etc
...local warranty. Can either go to garmin or back to him for warranty under manufacturer's defects.

garmin Nuvi 765, RM930:
1. NazriE
2. dzuljazz2001 - GN 765 (preferably a group buy)

Garmin Nuvi 1250 (205 replacement) RM500:
1. John_Smith - Nuvi 205 (preferably if can pre-load with OZ map)
2. astroboy

So we need one more name to complete the group buy? Group buy = 5 sets, right?!

astroboy;523545 said:
garmin Nuvi 765, RM930:
1. NazriE

2. astroboy
3. ccl68
So we need one more name to complete the group buy? Group buy = 5 sets, right?!

Let me know how the delivery and payment be.
Thanks

I have just spoken to another dealer, the price offered is less than RM30 margin. For 5 units, he makes less than RM100.. :eek: I can get another RM10 off per unit but let's not so hard sell la, ppl want to make a living ma, dun want to owe my friend a favor la. The price offered is already very cheap... if they are local units :top:

btw, are these AECO unit? AECO is the local master distributor, non AECO sets are all grey import.

Oh, I was also told the 765 has battery problem.. dunno its defect or anything to do with the design of the unit.. Another recommended unit is the 1450, without 3D la.

http://www.aeco.com.my/

Yeah la.. considered cheap already , don't la cut throat summore..live and let live.. so what's the price u got bro? Plus lifetime map update support and 25 maps?

nazrie;523413 said:
thanx geoff and guys the update is i already got a quote for RM930 and with 25 maps :) with a purrchase of 5 units and above. He said he cant go any lower as his margin is small. okaylah I guess coz on garmin's website it is selling for $300 plus he's throwing in the 25 maps... Warranty 1 year , 1 to 1 exchange on manufacturer's defect. He said 205 is discontinued but replaced by Nuvi 1250 which is RM500. So, who else wants, sign up please. Bash, i meant add RM200 from Nuvi 1350's price of RM750 ..so becomes RM950, but now got it for RM930 lah..

What are the 25 maps? If it includes, Oz, NZ, USA (entirely) UK, Europe, Singapore and Thailand then I am in.

Cheers!!!

yes, those maps are in the list.. basically that's what i want as well. Please tell me which map u want pre-loaded in the unit. The unit can accept 5 maps at a time. The rest he will give his own website where u can update and pick the maps u want.

nazrie;523595 said:
yes, those maps are in the list.. basically that's what i am want as well. Please tell me which map u want pre-loaded in the unit. The unit can accept 5 maps at a time. The rest he will give his own website where u can update and pick the maps u want.

all of the above plus all the best SpA available in Klang Valley :biggrin:....cabutzzzzzz :vroam:

that's the only POI most of us need besides gas stations and hotels...

Its alright for me.. difference of RM10 no point la. Take from your source la. I'm in for the 1250.

So do we have enough quorum for group buy? When are we closing the list?

5 pre load maps ka? Must specify now? Here goes..

Garmin Nuvi 765, RM930:
1. NazriE

2. astroboy (Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Australia, Korea) :D
3. ccl68

nazrie;523595 said:
yes, those maps are in the list.. basically that's what i am want as well. Please tell me which map u want pre-loaded in the unit. The unit can accept 5 maps at a time. The rest he will give his own website where u can update and pick the maps u want.

I would like Oz, Thailand, Singapore, UK & Malaysia.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom