Fusible link

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

skinhead

Club Guest
What happen to your car if this link is broken?? on my car my engine will be dead completely can cannot be started. BUT ive heard that on some e34, ull loose pawa window, central locking etc.. but the engine is still running or still can crank the engine... so why the different ??

Cannot START!. This is like the Main fuse in your house wiring. It is rated like 35 Amps so it takes a lot to break this. This is just a couple of aluminum blades acting as the main fuse between the battery terminals to the main electrics of the car.
No click, nothing!. Get it replaced , its cheap.

yeap! lost my power windows few weeks back. few months back it strikd the whole left side of the car...it's like bein paralyzed one sided. From the front lights windows, up to the back lights...all tak jalan. Something to do with the fuse thingy...these 2nd hand cars really burns a whole in our pockets i tell u....

lolipo

Originally posted by E34EuroTouring@Oct 4 2005, 10:49 PM
Cannot START!. Get it replaced , its cheap.
so ur car setup is same as mine. it happen to me twice oledi, 1st time while cruising on empty road and 2nd time while waiting for green light @ junction. i think this is "design fault" by bmw, as the car should not die if the fuse blow. imagine what if u were passing a big lorry on ur side and a fast marsidi is following ur tail and the fuse blow.. engine die, pawa steering die, kenot turn hazard light.. kenot brake :eek:

but on some car the owner said their engine still running.. why the different ???

skinhead;58395 said:
What happen to your car if this link is broken?? on my car my engine will be dead completely can cannot be started. BUT ive heard that on some e34, ull loose pawa window, central locking etc.. but the engine is still running or still can crank the engine... so why the different ??

Mine - can start - can move no problem.

BUT - no power window, instrument cluster lites, OBC, sunroof

I think there's more than one fusible link in the whole electrical system. Of course there's one main fusible link leading from the battery, and the rest will be lower rated links. Get whole of a service manual and check out the electrical schematics, all the fusible links should be there.

i hv swap the cables since. cant bare imagine having the car stall at high speed crusing if it happen. dangerous. now if the fuse broken, my car would only lost the accessories ie power window, radio, wiper etc... minor i would say.....

Top Bottom