Fuse No 23 Blow Out - E30 320i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rafamr

Club Guest
I have problem recently with the fuse no 23 blown out.. Must be becos of short circuit somewhere.. Anybody have experiancr b4 ? What is the cause of the short circuit... ?That fuse is for all of these... Instrument Panel LightsFront Parking LightsTaillightsRear Side Marker/License Plate LightsActive Check ControlRear DefoggerMulti-Function ClockOBC try to replace the fuse a few time but also blown out..

ar,

you have a faulty bulb...
did you replace any bulbs recently?

could also be water getting into the wires too, check the rear cluster if you have a leak

other then that, you have a faulty OBC that needs to be replaced
i have an excellent OBC set for sale......includes installation going for RM850 only, it used to cost rm10,000 as option.....

Arkk!..

I really need to catch fast wit this Mister Teejay...
how aaa? :D

1 . D u mean any faulty bulbs will blown the fuses? I noticed my rear fog bulb next to taillight bulb kaput and alredi replaced.. but these two bulbs have different fuse rite?

2. Wat if the water penetrate into the wires? it will dried up wit times? or how?

3. Dunno about OBC things, so need ur contact number to get hold of u..

TIA, Regard

AR

fast troubleshooting

remove the new bulbs then put in fuse, replace fuse, then put in bulbs one by one, the one that blows the fuse, is the culprit

water penetrates wires, only if wires are exposed and barely touch, may take some time to dry up, but do a physical check

try removing your rear light clusters......access from inside boot. look at the condition of the metal connectors & also the tracks themselves! if a lot of white deposit ( corrosion )....clean it! ( use sandpaper, wire brush etc etc )

the corrosion comes from water ingress from boot itself....common.

good luck!

Visit wireman yesterday and that apek adv me to change 7.5A fuse to 10A fuse.. itu wayer sula keras pasal ini kete lamerr... "bole pecaya ke?" tapi nama profession dia pun wayermen kan!.. so change to 10A fuse and walla!.. okies until now....

Thanks alls for opinions and adv.. really appreaciate it... mau blanja maa?
bulehhhh! meh laa ke kwantan :D

AR

hope u realise what the negatives this solution brings.....all urelectronics, lites controlled by the fuse no. 23, will have a lower protection ( cos the fuse level is higher ). Wire lama, so???

kalau like this - no need fuse cos when your car BURNS....kereta lama what!

u decide what's best - find the real problem or hide the symptom.

Would advice you not to simply follow the shortcut solution by that wireman. Cost is cheap but in a long run you'll end up paying more. I for sure don't wana see a burn down forumer in the headlines. If you look at the fuse box, you can see all sort of fuses with different sizes. They are there for a reason mate... dig up and you'll understand more.

Top Bottom