Fuel Pump : Have you checked them lately?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BeemerSTER

Club Guest
Hi Guys, I've got a fuel pump(stock) which is quite audible even 2 ft away from the petrol tank. And NO, i didn't change it to a heavy duty Walbro 310lt/hr unit and externally mount it!!:p :p :p What could be the cause of this louder-than-usual scenario? Logical input and past experiences are much appreciated. -eu shen

BeemerSTER;222706 said:
Hi Guys,

I've got a fuel pump(stock) which is quite audible even 2 ft away from the petrol tank. And NO, i didn't change it to a heavy duty Walbro 310lt/hr unit and externally mount it!!:p :p :p

What could be the cause of this louder-than-usual scenario?

Logical input and past experiences are much appreciated.

-eu shen

Fuel pump about to kaput... kena once before.

Which model are you driving ah????

Do you have the tendency to drive till the last drop before refilling??

fabian,

me driving E46 325i . . .

nope, dont drive till the last drop before refilling....

besides the sound, any other tell-tale sign that the fuel pump needs to be replaces?thanks

-eu shen

Sure ... get the mech to run a fuel pressure test off the fuel rail. If the pressure is acceptable then the pump is ok.

If pump is failing then you won't get full power at WOT on an accel run.

Clogged up fuel filters can also cause premature failure of the pump.

---

bro absidian,

thanks!am going to check the pressure tomorrow and will most likely change the fuel pump and fuel filter tomorrow as well!!

will post damage later.

alright, had it changed yesterday . . .

both fuel pump and fuel filter were changed. filter was ok, no visible alien particles were detected thru naked eye.

car seems a tad smoother now. think in total plus labour is about RM700(forgot to check receipt)

-eu shen

Top Bottom