Front Top Strut Mount

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jktham

Club Guest
Hi!I will be replacing my E30's (1984, E30 4dr, 6 pot 2.0) front top strut mount soon since I see signs of cracking and age. I called up BA and they quoted me RM72 each mount.I have recently replaced the ball joints (4pcs) as well a pair of offset control arm bushes. I understand that there is an offset type of top strut mount in the market.My QUESTIONS for all the sifus:1) Can it fit the E30?2) What are the Pros and Cons?3) Any idea of the price of this offset mounts per piece?4) Where to buy?Thank you thank you

the offset topmount which I know off is ori BMW parts. It can add/reduce the camber by 0.5 degree...

Price is double or more of what you posted on the OEM topmounts.

if you want to be even more adventurous, you can get pillowball camber-adjustable topmounts which I am using... but it's harsher than normal rubber topmounts and front strut is highly recommended to complement the metal topmounts.

Fabian,

Thanks for the response. I was just wondering of the price and benefits coz I have to replace those mounts before they punch thru the hood.

anyhow, still gotta get those rust holes treated and welded before a new coat of paint. better to change the mounts then paint the car i feel.

btw, are those pillow-ball thingys expensive?

Top Bottom