Front light cover

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
finally;477750 said:
Hi, can any kind bro confirm that the PRE-FACELIFT front light COVER can be bought and changed OR can be DISMANTLED for polishing/cleaning.

I cannot afford the Hella ori set and I'm hoping for some tips on how best to clean it and set the headlights which are too low and(I feel) not bright enough. PLs note it's for PRE-FACELIFT front light COVER.

Thanks in advance for all replies. Cheers!

A few options for you. If Hella is too expensive, how about Depo which cost about RM 1000 per set including installations and minor wiring job. Looks almost like the originals.

To clean your existing headlights cover, try this
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26877

If you want brighter headlights, change to Osram Night Breaker H7 bulbs, they are much brighter. If not, take the risk and change to HIDs.

Used prefacelift headlight only cost RM300 something, so not worth to open the cover and replace the adjuster, better replace whole set the headlight.

I've opened my pre-facelift (clear side marker type not the amber), cleaned, replaced my broken adjusters (adjusters for pre-facelifts are much cheaper than those for post-facelift). Also i installed my DIY LED angel eyes while i was at it.

Thank you all, for your your quick replies.

Mine is the PRE-FACELIFT amber type, I think I should get a PRE-facelift used white indicator set with working adjusters.Just one more question can the plastic cover be bought NEW as a spare part and fitted?

THanks and Cheers!

t2ribena;457354 said:
wah u let the fellow clearcoat it ar...yes nice in the beginning but after a while with the stone chip and washing it will look very teruk wan wor...

so far how long liau?

This was done back in May 2009. Until now, daily drive to Cyberjaya and outstation, highways, I would say it is still brand new look. My painter used hi-solid clearcoat, so far what I notice surface still smooth, of course need to apply polish/wax to protect it. Very satisfied with it. The challenge is the sanding down part, if done too much, when spray clearcoat, the plastic cover might warp a little, so depends on the condition..
I took the risk and tried it, satisfied with it.

finally;477850 said:
Thank you all, for your your quick replies.

Mine is the PRE-FACELIFT amber type, I think I should get a PRE-facelift used white indicator set with working adjusters.Just one more question can the plastic cover be bought NEW as a spare part and fitted?

THanks and Cheers!

Yes the front cover alone can be bought and replaced. The previous owner replaced the front light cover (initially it was amber side markers) with clear side marker cover. According to him the old one had scratches and looks faded therefore he replaced it.

I'm assuming it can be bought off spare part shops. Try bavarian auto.

found this on Ebay USD100 (RM340)

!BheC4n!CGk~$(KGrHqUH-EEEsMS)q)kDBLJTe3YF(Q~~_35.JPG

Top Bottom