Front light cover

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmw7833

Club Guest
Ok, i have another question for e39..Can we replace the facelift front light cover (looks dusky and stone chips) with the pre-facelift front light cover, i meant just the plastic cover.I called and asked a famous shop, boss said can not change one (may be he think leceh to do it, they did a lot for e46 but never for e39). Anyway, i just want to know can or not???? :stupid:

bmw7833;456250 said:
Ok, i have another question for e39..

Can we replace the facelift front light cover (looks dusky and stone chips) with the pre-facelift front light cover, i meant just the plastic cover.

I called and asked a famous shop, boss said can not change one (may be he think leceh to do it, they did a lot for e46 but never for e39).

Anyway, i just want to know can or not???? :stupid:

Confirmed E39 cannot! You either clean it or change the entire unit!

Jerman;456341 said:
Confirmed E39 cannot! You either clean it or change the entire unit!

Cannot because of what?

Because of we cannot open the cover?

Because of the different shape?

bmw7833;456342 said:
Cannot because of what?

Because of we cannot open the cover?

Because of the different shape?

The front plastic cover for the lamp is glued to the headlamp casing. For other model, the cover can be easily removed because it clip on like E46 and E36. That why to install CCFL angel eye very easy.

Shape id slightly different as well so even you can removed it by using heat gun, it might not fit very well causing water to seep into the headlamp during rainy day.

Another problem is where to find the replacement cover.

Best best is to send the plastic cover for refurbishing.. polish the plastic cover. It have been done before.

Normally refurbish only works for those blur headlight but not stone chip, right?

Stop chip can be done but very very tedious. you need to sand papper and use plastic polish..that depends on how bad the chips are...there is place in front of Tesco Ampang on MRR2 that can do it but it cost RM600 and they guaranty can last 2 years.....the workshop is called BMWMB

bimmer73;456391 said:
Stop chip can be done but very very tedious. you need to sand papper and use plastic polish..that depends on how bad the chips are...there is place in front of Tesco Ampang on MRR2 that can do it but it cost RM600 and they guaranty can last 2 years.....the workshop is called BMWMB

Yes, if RM600 rather go for new set.

I am wonder how we gonna to change the adjuster if the situation like what Jarance said above?

Bishop;456490 said:
how much is a new set? last i heard was RM2k...

Yes, Hella = RM 2100-2300 per set while OEM (Depo from WRC Headlamps, Sunway) = RM 1000 per set including installations and 1 year warranty for water leakages

bmw7833;456433 said:

I am wonder how we gonna to change the adjuster if the situation like what Jarance said above?

Wah you rather pay and extra RM2800 to save RM 600.00 and 2 months later adjusters break and back to square one. Buy another new pair I swop mine for used i had to pay and extra RM1600 for ori pair of hellas and now i have the same problem that everyone has broken adjusters. But I found a way to change the adjusters with out needing to remove the Clear lense.

bimmer73;456391 said:

...I wont even pay RM60 at this place ...website , brochure all very professional but its a one man show and can tell you alot of things, say lah E39 very expensive to dolah because the headlight very hard to take outlah ...blablabla...ask Jerman he can tell you the whole story infact if jerman was not there that day I sure kena con already at the end of the day rubbing compound, 5 grades of sandpaper, masking tape and some time did the job.

my spray painter sand paper the cover and then spray clearcoat. looks brand new now. the stone chips, some can remove, some can't. in my case, it's not 100% but still satisfied. if wanna do lights alone, i can ask him the price.

jaleeks23;457346 said:
my spray painter sand paper the cover and then spray clearcoat. looks brand new now. the stone chips, some can remove, some can't. in my case, it's not 100% but still satisfied. if wanna do lights alone, i can ask him the price.

wah u let the fellow clearcoat it ar...yes nice in the beginning but after a while with the stone chip and washing it will look very teruk wan wor...

so far how long liau?

bmw7833;456433 said:

Bro, I can get brand new hella headlamp for rm1850....its clear indicator facelifted model. Pm me if interested. Just doing a favor for a fellow forummer.
cheers

Wow, rm1850 is a good price, even if i get from Eng Soon also more than that price.

Thanks bro, will pm u if i need..:top:

bmw7833;456250 said:
Ok, i have another question for e39..

Can we replace the facelift front light cover (looks dusky and stone chips) with the pre-facelift front light cover, i meant just the plastic cover.

Hi, can any kind bro confirm that the PRE-FACELIFT front light COVER can be bought and changed OR can be DISMANTLED for polishing/cleaning.

I cannot afford the Hella ori set and I'm hoping for some tips on how best to clean it and set the headlights which are too low and(I feel) not bright enough. PLs note it's for PRE-FACELIFT front light COVER.

Thanks in advance for all replies. Cheers!

PreLift can be open and clean. Only the adjuster. Not sure if they are available...aki trading in KG subang has plenty or the prelift lights...

Top Bottom