Front lamp cover turns yellowish

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

saifu6556

Club Guest
Good morning,Anybody can suggest how I can resolve & make the lamp cover back to shiny? I was approached before by car detailer who claimed can restore the colour using their magic chemical but sceptical if this can work.Please provide the recommended place to do it, contact number & estimate cost for my reference.Thanks!

I dismantled the whole headlight to wash and polish..:4:

Tricky job anyway.

Wanna try my service bro?but i understand that some of the E39 headlight can't be open. Have to try first.

If cannot dismantle the panel, i can repair the outer surface only and it'll be stone ships free :)

YaZmEeN;616365 said:
Wanna try my service bro?but i understand that some of the E39 headlight can't be open. Have to try first.

If cannot dismantle the panel, i can repair the outer surface only and it'll be stone ships free :)

Repair surface meaning polish the outside of the headlights ???

I swear the superb finish on Yazmeen's headlight cleaning.. He likes all sorts of headlights too..:listen:

badrul880;616564 said:
I swear the superb finish on Yazmeen's headlight cleaning.. He likes all sorts of headlights too..:listen:

Kekeke.

Meen, when are you gonna use your magic hands to renew the headlamps on my ride? :4:

tweiboon;616447 said:

I apply virgin coconut oil on my e39 headlights and no need to polish surface and never turn yellow. In fact now even more whiter now...don't know why?

herbert;616594 said:
I apply virgin coconut oil on my e39 headlights and no need to polish surface and never turn yellow. In fact now even more whiter now...don't know why?

Whiter or clearer? If whiter then its too much santan la...hahahaha

tweiboon;616447 said:

Repair the surface is when we carry out the repair at the outer panel bro...

Eggie86;616566 said:
Kekeke.

Meen, when are you gonna use your magic hands to renew the headlamps on my ride? :4:

U call me lah bro to see whether my staff is available or not..then u can come

herbert;616594 said:

any techniques when applying bro? that is something new to me..thx

herbert;616594 said:

haywire;616616 said:
Whiter or clearer? If whiter then its too much santan la...hahahaha

Virgin coconut oil!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahaha.....this is too good....can I try also on my headlight????

ssmann;616669 said:
Virgin coconut oil!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahaha.....this is too good....can I try also on my headlight????

VCO for headlight?? Hmm..i thought it is for other heads...lol

oil does work for the not so severe cases. There are people who has used peanut butter, peanut oil in this case.

so yazmeen, how to make the appointment with you, and what is the damage like? I am sure you know how the e39 lamp cover could be very dull and blackish as it ages..

naharnms;616952 said:
so yazmeen, how to make the appointment with you, and what is the damage like? I am sure you know how the e39 lamp cover could be very dull and blackish as it ages..

Go ppl said "There are people who has used peanut butter, peanut oil in this case." so u can try what they said loh.............hahahhaahahhaha

naharnms;616952 said:

Pm sent bro

Thank you all for interesting feedbacks so far..I may opt for VCO for me last choice. So Yazmeen, pm me the details.

Top Bottom