Front brake disc upgrade on E34 520i 24v

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ktteoh

Club Guest
can the ventilated front disc from a 525i be fitted without me changing anything else ie caliper etc - ?

You must change the caliper coz the vented discs are thicker than non-vented discs. Other than that, you can re-use the brake hoses, so only need to change discs, calipers and pads.

I have a set of spare 525i calipers if you are interested, supposed to get 750 calipers but ended up with them instead.

or get the 750i disc's and calipers set up.. with the double brake servo.. ultimate braking..heheheh

if you are upgrading the calipers of your 520... IMHO.. it's better value if upgrade to 750's.. because 1) the price difference between 525 and 750 calipers are little... 2) the brake pads for E32 and E34 are the same...

so... go with the better braking equipments.....

just my worthless opinion....

:nyehehe: :nyehehe:

Originally posted by pussy@Feb 20 2005, 08:17 PM
or get the 750i disc's and calipers set up.. with the double brake servo.. ultimate braking..heheheh
As good as having the face planted on the windscreen if seatbelts are not worn? :D

** cabut **

STOP HIJACKING THREADS WITH NON SENSICAL POSTINGS!

Saw this old topic....how much does these 750 brakes cost? I dunno but i feel the 525 brakes not tat good....also its not a double brake servo? only single?

wat brake pads do you guys recommend? tx

blackie u sell him your 540i brakes la...then u can upgrade to brembo!! weii...what happen to yum the cha??

ooii black...wah tanya saja mah....hahaha....i also want Blembo....hehehe....750 also Blembo mah

integ.....i think blembo cannot for u la...u need to find the Porsche 8 pot brakes la....u're car too fast dy.

E34 Brake upgrade

Good day all,

How much are we talking about for the kit of 750 (E32?) brake set,also is the rear same setup as the E32?

Thank you all.

Cheers
Dom

let's arrange TT Session man... i wish to see all the nice E34 around

as for the brake maybe can try out change to a jz or rb brake pump, its help!! i change mine, and my wireman drive my car he said my brake system is good compare with normal 520 braking feel but is juz my 5cent comment ya....
yaya let's have a yum char session let newbie like us join, jealous and learn something from sifu car

integramania;374108 said:
Bro did u use the rb or the jz pump and how much u got the stuff?

i have no idea how much for the pump, as mine is come together with half cut, but as my exprince, i prefer change to a bigger and more efficient brake pump then only consider brake caliber, cause when i still with my ex wira i change from stock disc and caliber, to mit twin port but that is not much different without changing the pump, once i change to a nissan sr20 brake pump, i can feel that is much much different, further i guess steel brake hose will helps too.

for my personal opinion, i would start from basic, bigger brake pump, steel brake hose lastly only disc and caliber, but of coz a bigger disc ll make our car look better la :rolleyes:

haha....u are a Jap turned Conti huh...many of us here also play Jap cars...

actually quite true also changing the pump is good...only thing is how to do it and who can do it....

integramania;374462 said:
haha....u are a Jap turned Conti huh...many of us here also play Jap cars...

actually quite true also changing the pump is good...only thing is how to do it and who can do it....

i guess master brake pump swapping is a small operation most of the foreman can do right? conti good mar especially old age conti :love:

but if u take rb and jz...i dun think its a perfect fit rite? need to mod...and i dun think not all mechs can and want to do it

integramania;374763 said:
but if u take rb and jz...i dun think its a perfect fit rite? need to mod...and i dun think not all mechs can and want to do it

like that i need to check with my mechs 1st i will let you know when i got the answer ya:top:

hmm...just some quick updates on those looking to upgrade.

Double brake master Pump - you can get this from the e34 wagons or e32's. boosts the brake pressure. very effective to improve pedal feel. but might be too strong if u're using steel braided hoses, limited modulation allowed before full pressure. but def worth the money vs performance. very easy to get the ABS to kick in, especially in the wet.

e38 brembo 4 pot calipers n disc n oem pads - have to be modified to fit the e34/e36/e46 etc. coupled with the double brake pump, it allows more modulation of the pedal compared to the stock 525i's. stopping power, just got the car today, so not much use yet. tried a few times, seems to stop the car a little bit faster than before, but might be psychological. let me run in the discs and pads and i'll update later.

Top Bottom