fm radio

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lukesoon

Club Guest
SifusMy jap spec CBU 323i has an ori bmw sound system. This may be a silly question (and please point me a previous thread if it has already been discussed), but i can't tune in on 92.9, 94.5 and 95.8! Even if i do a manual search, it never goes past 90.0 and then it resets back to the default stations, which are malay stations (which I can't comprehend). Someone told me it's a known issue with Jap units. Can anyone validate this? Of course a long term solution would be to replace with a better system, but I'm not about to invest on an ICE at this moment. :cry:

jap radio frequency range is different from us.that's why la..

i cant remember the range,but the maximum is 90.0

hitz 92.9..so cannot la..hehe

Yes... Japanese frequency ranges are different from ours. It ends at 90.0. This is the case with any reconditioned cars from Japan.

No choice but to change the head unit, or just live off listening to your CD collection.

aiyah, no wonder lah. looks like have to spend $$$ again. keta ni really banyak makan wang and banyak masuk woksyop (dah 2x since i dapat last week!). how much to replace with another HU, for example Alpine or Sony?

it can be solved..just add in some kind of transistor (look alike) booster to able receive more station above 90.00..the accessories shop know how to do it..goodluck.. ;)

Most ICE shops will have a signal booster.
This will allow you to receive frequencies above 90.0
The cost is about RM 150
However, the display on th HU will not coincide with the station you have tuned in to.
Just get the stations you want and preset them, should be AOK

An acquaintance of mine tried the booster on his JDM Estima's HU - the result was not satisfactory.

Originally posted by scin@Jun 28 2006, 07:14 PM
Most ICE shops will have a signal booster.
This will allow you to receive frequencies above 90.0
The cost is about RM 150
However, the display on th HU will not coincide with the station you have tuned in to.
Just get the stations you want and preset them, should be AOK
i hear from the dealer that the booster cost about 100

My friend told me 150, maybe including installation la...
If you can get for 100, even better la

Originally posted by lukesoon@Jun 29 2006, 10:50 AM
Muchos gracias and merci sifu fire. :yahoo:
...and all other sifus who contributed. Think i'll go get a new HU.

Top Bottom